Solved

Why does my grandfathered plan no longer have international data?

• 10 May 2019
  • 5 replies

for my old plan (Nationwide Talk & Text, from the early 2000’s), I use to be able to get a $20,10 day/1 GB pass for international data. I used this as recently as last Autumn. When chatting with T-Mo support yesterday they told me this is no longer an option and it’s been removed from the system. They said my only option for international data at this point is to switch from my grandfathered plan to a One plan.

This can’t be true. Is it?

icon

Best answer by gramps28 11 May 2019, 05:40

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Since it's an add on feature they can delete the them from the system

when Tmobile wants. It may be a way to get people off the grandfathered

plans by changing or deleting the add ons.

Userlevel 3

That’s terrible!!!!

I have add-on features with my account also... now im afraid mine will disappear too 😥

I want to keep all my features and I don’t want to be forced to go to the T-Mobile ONE Plan.

NO NO I WON’T GO .... Unless they give me all of my current features under the T-Mobile ONE Plan at the same price or less 😊 .

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

They probably only used the add on when they traveled and canceled when they got back

but if you keep an add on to the account every month they usually let you keep it.

They probably only used the add on when they traveled and canceled when they got back

but if you keep an add on to the account every month they usually let you keep it.

yep,on my plan, since no international data is included, you would purchase and "stack" enough int'l data passes for the time traveling and they would activate as necessary, but apparently that's no longer an option. Still available are "on-network" demand data passes but support was unable to tell me if those will work for int'l roaming. They said it's highly unlikely as those are meant for the US network, but couldn't be definitive, which I find odd.

unfortunately for T-Mobile this is going to force me to try out another carrier for this trip, in my case Google Fi, which covers int'l data as well and see how well it works. and and in the end I may just switch to them permanently. :/

Userlevel 3

Thanks... i was really starting to get worried about losing my Stateside International Calling ad-on.... but that feature is an add-on to my plan that I pay for everymonth.