Solved

Why doesnt all of my texting appear on my detail usage on invoice?

• 22 October 2016
  • 19 replies

icon

Best answer by tidbits 29 October 2016, 21:05

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey there 😊 Where specifically are you viewing your usage? Is this online at my.t-mobile.com? If so, were all of your messages sent/received using the default messaging app on your phone or were you using another messaging service? Are you unable to see specific date ranges for your messaging details?

Hi!

Online at my t-mobile.com. Regular default messaging on my iPhone. I know for a fact my sister is at&t n she is know where. I also looked at my daughters tmobile too. She's (my sister) not on the there either. That's just one example. Weird? Is it a switch thing? Not recognizing AT& T n other carriers???

Thanks!

Userlevel 4

Those should definitely be showing up then. We will need to take a look at this in closer detail to see what specifically is going on. Can you please contact our tech support when you have some time?

Userlevel 4

Did you get a chance to speak with our tech support on this?

Yes. I was told I was to get an answer this week. Haven't heard back yet. Not that I'm some big expert, but I did billing wayyyy back for Cellular One (AT&T today). I think it's a switch problem. I don't see any other carriers on my detail usage????

Userlevel 4

You might be on to something here. I think tech support opened up a ticket for this and are just waiting to hear back on it before following up with you. Please let us know how it goes 😊

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

It might be how iMessage is handling them and sending them off your device as data rather than SMS.  Just a guess but I know if you say go from iPhone to Android and don't deactivate iMessage account you won't get any SMS on your new phone because iMessage is controlling them.

Not the case. We are all iPhone users just different carriers

Userlevel 3

If you are both iPhone users then that might be the case even if didn't carrier's. If it is going over data instead of standard sms, T-Mobile might not pull that information.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

I was just using the apple to android as an example to illustrate that text

messages go thru iMessage so in your case since they are all going to

iPhones they may not use the SMS system but just the iMessage cloud.

Userlevel 2

theartiszan wrote:

If you are both iPhone users then that might be the case even if didn't carrier's. If it is going over data instead of standard sms, T-Mobile might not pull that information.

Agreed. Messages between iPhone users are send via iMessages, and will not normally show up in your billing detail.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Blue text will not show up on your bill. Those are iMessages and go over data on Apple servers.

https://support.apple.com/explore/messages

Green are normal text messages and goes over SMS and will show up on your bill.

I usually can see all the numbers from which I received SMS and the amount of data usage on my bills, but for last month there is nothing (no numbers called, just the place!). This information is there for this month. Was something wrong with the system last month? Is it going to disappear from now on in previous bills?

Thank you.

I am having the same issue as above.  Just called your customer service and they were no help whatsoever.  For the past month, i know in facts texts were sent but when I go on my app it isn’t showing any and sometimes it will showed up 12 hours later and not all the texts are showing up.  This has been an ongoing issue for a while.

hey im kinda dating someone but her text won’t show on my bill so it makes it suspicious I don’t know if she might be texting from one of those number they give when you are on WiFi only 

had the same issues, can’t see iphone to iphone text in log file on tmobile and it has to do with imessage going thru a different  server.  I would lie to see it on tmobile web site in my data log but can’t.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

had the same issues, can’t see iphone to iphone text in log file on tmobile and it has to do with imessage going thru a different  server.  I would lie to see it on tmobile web site in my data log but can’t.  

correct..iphone to iphone with imessage wont show since its technically not a text but more of a messenger like the old Yahoo messenger

Badge

2 hr wait on Tmobile with incorrect solutions 3 times

Badge

Correct, they lie, or are incompetent. A whole month or usage still missing, promises 2 hr waits for callbacks, reps making promises, some with ready answers that aren’t true, some have no idea what I’m talking abt. T mobile sucks and I’ve been with them FOREVER. USAGE DETAILS MATTER FOR ABOVE REASONS—COURT RECORDS, STALKING AND FOR ANY DAMNED REASON I WANT