Question

Why is it so complicated to upgrade through T-Mobile?

• 21 October 2022
  • 0 replies

Badge

T-Mobile appears to have a knack to complicate everything.  I dread the thought of going back into a store.  My last 5 or 6 iPhone purchase have been through the Apple store.  Easy peasy.  I order, go pick up, bring home and everything works (with T-Mobile service).

Here’s my most recent purchase.  I upgraded my wife to the new iPhone 14.  I get an e-mail last night that the order is ready at 6:00pm,  We drive all the way out to this T-Mobile store that should be open until 8, but they are closed at 6:30.

I take time out of my day to drive my wife and me out to the same store today.  I’d already signed everything through Docu-sign, but after waiting for someone to help, the clerk still had to go through several pages on their tablet and enter info before I could leave.  Then to make matters worse, they activated the new phone in the store!  I hadn’t even had a chance to take the phone out and set it up and download our iCloud back up.  Here we are running this errand BEFORE school gets out and my wife’s phone is deactivated for the last 20 minutes of our commute back home.

I don't even go to the store to buy accessories because EVERYTHING is so convoluted when you buy something at the store.

No real need to reply here.  I know your margins are higher on the service than the phones, so nto really a big deal.  But I just don’t buy hardware from you anymore.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!