Question

why is T-Mobile's website so slow?

• 17 March 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge

T-Mobile's website has always been allow for as long as I can remember. It makes it difficult for making any account changes or upgrades online. I'm surprised this issue hasn't been addressed. It's almost as if it's done purposely to force you into the store.

9 replies

I have the same question as the original poster. I have tried to log into the T-Mobile website in order to pay my bill every day for the past three days and the magenta screen just hangs tight for eternity, even though I am accessing via broadband. No other website on the Internet is this bad. It usually takes me more than one try to finally be able to log in, but this is the first month when the third time has not been the charm so the strain on the system has definitely gotten worse since the Sprint merger. Will you please use some of that money to upgrade your website?

I am sure the interest off of the revenue from millions of customers paying you a few days earlier would more than offset the cost of investing in your infrastructure.

And before you suggest I change my behavior, I do not want to set up AutoPay or go into a store or pay by phone. I want to use a simple online account like any company should be able to deliver in 2021. Thanks in advance from a long-time customer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

No issues here with the site being slow.  Everything I do once logged in, is just as responsive as browsing the site.  Have you tried clearing your browsers cache and data to see if that helps speed things up for you?  Is your browser up to date?

Same as above. Award for slowest site possible. When I say slow I do not mean down. Obviously it’s “browsable” at times but how often it hangs its just silly for a company with the money T-Mobile has. This company is “breachable” its probably being targeted all the time lol.

This isnt a browser update clear your cache kinda problem its a T-Mobile problem. Multiple browsers tested on DIFFERENT networks and its slow enough in my opinion to warrant this thread and more.

Super-slow here, too. The T-Mobile logon experience has never been good. Now the site is slower than ever. They should nuke it and start from scratch. This site is stuck in the late 1990s.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I just paid my bill this morning through Edge   It wasn't slow at all. 

made my account just to say the website is so damn slow. its such a pain to get on and do anything!

I have discovered recently that if you use Microsoft Edge, there is no issue.  There seems to be an issue using Chrome.  Why Edge works properly and Chrome doesn’t - considering they are both chromium based - seems to be something specific.  

If you look at developer console for chrome, there are tons of errors.  I have the exact same plugins installed on both browsers so it’s not a plugin, it has to do with the browser.

Long-time customer.  I just gotta say, the T-Mobile web site is TERRIBLE!! It has been that way for years.  Every time I login, I am anxious to see if they actually have a working web site this time.  NOPE.  Looking at previous bills, current bill, etc. is non-functional. Just spins forever.  For Years!!  I have used different computers, from different locations, using different browsers for years!!   Seriously..  Gotta start looking to move because this ability is critical for my work..  How hard can it be to pull up a previous bill?  See history?  I know some programmers..

T-Mobile needs to overhaul their website so that it’s responsive enough to use and check status of services, add-ons, and billing.   Now that I use T-Mobile for nearly all communications (including T-Mobile Home Internet 5G) I would expect that the portal for all these services is as functional and performant as the network itself.   Please make this a priority.   Seems like the site is catching so many metrics on the side, that it’s impacting to the primary functionality of the site!!!!

YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS ASK THAT YOU PLEASE FIX T-MOBILE.COM WEBSITE!!!!