why wont T-Mobile give me my number back

• 26 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

why wont t-mobile let me port my number? to my new provider i I had this number way before I came to T-Mobile T moble is the reason i switched providets they couldn’t deliver on there promises that they told my husband and I, I thought  T-Mobile and I had a understanding about why I choose to go to another cell phone provider T-Mobile promised up and down that they wouldbt give me any problems when it was time to port my family’s numbers out and now for like the 3 time they have giving me a problem getting my number ported out its eother wrong pin or some orher lie just QUIT holding my familys phone numbers hostage im NEVER coming back to your crapoy network I will make you a deal you can just keep the 3 numbers its a breaking up gift from my family and I we all ready moved on woth new numbers 😜

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

how long were you with TMO after you switched from the previous carrier?

and read the lower part below my post before asking if i work for TMO or why an agent hasnt helped you yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did you check with the carrier you were porting to and see if the numbers can be ported? All carriers have this function and will let you know if the number can be ported .

Sometimes numbers can't be ported for various reasons.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You might want to tell us the sequence of events starting when you canceled your T-Mobile service.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

This also happened to me as they dropped my #’s that I used since the 90’s while I owed them nothing and was not under contract. How many days notice did they give you before trashing your #’s?

If you feel they had no justification for this, such as past due bills or contracts, perhaps you can file a complaint via the FCC website.

I will start by saying my apologies. I’m using Siri to dictate so there’s no is capture everything accurately. I’m too frustrated to spend time typing..

The problem with T-Mobile is simple and the incompetence runs up and down the chain, but it begins at the top at the new CEO. T-Mobile used to have the absolute best customer service on the entire face of the planet. Along the way they got a new CEO, this person decided to save a dollar. And saving a dollar he has screwed over an untold  number of small businesses individual consumers it doesn’t care. The decision was made, because he thought it would probably improve profit for shareholders. No your jack in the destroyer company you’re the dumbest move. The company can ever do is get rid of which made them stand part in the first place like rebranding something it doesn’t need to be.

My company moved to T-Mobile for the old  customer service model in 2018. We used to have a dedicated team to support us. This changes  Isometime in the middle of Covid. They now are based in the Philippines. The Philippines is an amazing country. Everyone that speaks English there has impeccable pronunciation of words. The one thing like all of us who speak  a second or third or fourth language is the comprehension and vocabulary is lacking at times.

Why would you move your customer service the bread and butter and what made you stand apart from a competition to another country?  

The incompetence and absurdity of this starts at the top so we can blame customer service.   This business is pure evil now, and I hope they parish and crumble from their ivory tower as well be largest carrier down to nothing but a shell of their former self and go bankrupt.   They have currently stolen my 6 numbers and prevented me from porting them… because less than competent and incapable of punching their way out of wet  paper bag they new service reps are robots regurgitate, canned information and have no clue as to what they should be saying or should be doing.

I’m shocked they haven’t gone to an AI system yet like  chat GPT. God help us all if that ever happens. Thankfully I switched back to Verizon so I’ll pay more money but I’ll get what I pay for this gas goes to show you the old adage go cheap you’re gonna regret it in the long run.   If I can get my numbers, it would be great. I would actually be a business. If not well maybe I’ll be telling everybody here. What happens after the lawsuit against Mobile gets placed next week and I see them for all the losses to my company. I don’t wanna have to go that route, but I’m probably gonna have to to answer the original poster question incompetence at the CEO level.