Solved

Will the OnePlus 8 Pro ever be sold through TMobile??

• 23 April 2020
  • 20 replies

Why isn't TMobile selling the OnePlus 8 Pro? My wife and I switched to TMobile and the jump program exclusively because they were selling the 7 Pro with promises of a new Pro model every year. Will it be sold through TMobile at any point in the future?

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 28 April 2020, 17:37

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The latest Pro to be sold by T-Mobile currently is, the OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren 5G.  Perhaps in the fall, T-Mobile will get an 8T Pro.  My guess is the price increase on OnePlus devices has T-Mobile playing it more cautious with their offerings.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

You should keep an eye on our https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phones page for the latest info on phones we're selling.

I'm still Sad I wanted to upgrade to the 8pro myself it's def. A big difference from the  7pro I had. And still cost way less than an iPhone pro or Samsung S20 or notes. However not much different than than the pro 7.  Especially since it doesn't have the same new cameras as the 8pro, no wireless charging, ect.... And these are the things every one asked for in the past. In my opinion they kept the cost down compared to the other flagships. And Hence the name Pro.

Badge

I've been waiting for almost 2 months to switch from my note 10 and use my jump at the beginning of April I found out on the 29th T-Mobile would start offering the 120 hertz 40 whatever megapixel 1 +8 on the 29th I went in there today to purchase it they only have the crappy model they do not carry the pro the customer service guys didn't even know that there was such a thing that is how well the staff of T-Mobile is trained. I called 611 and they said no we won't be carrying it at least it doesn't show anywhere in our files booooo!

If you want to carry other brands of telephones T-Mobile other than  i- phones,Samsung and LG at least offer the flag ships not the low end model! Super angry about it 2 months I've been waiting to use my jump and now there's nothing to jump into except another overpriced Samsung.. or iPhone and to that I say Boo!

I really wanted to try out another brand looks like I'm just going to have to wait for the note 20?I wonder how many hundreds of thousands of people were let down today!

Are you hinting at it coming in the future? I'll hold off changing carriers to go back to an unlocked phone plan if there is any hope it's coming in the future through TMobile

Agree 100%!! I've been waiting on the 8pro ever since I first heard about it.And I don't buy the "Because of the higher price T-mobile played it safe.They haven't hesitated on Apple or Samsung

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

We can all guess at why they decided to go with the cheaper option.  With the 7T Pro 5G McLaren still in stock and at full price online at T-Mobile.  My guess is they might not want to further compete price wise with these devices that are not selling.

Sad T-Mobile is focusing more on making money than providing what people want. That was the whole point of me coming to T-Mobile. The JUMP! program is a huge reason my wife and I are customers. When I heard of the OnePlus 8 Pro I got super excited, and thought for sure I would be able to jump to it when it hit the shelves. Lo and behold, it isn't offered for some reason. JUMP! is feeling more like JUMP WHEN I SAY JUMP!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

My money is on cost, and sales figures.

I spoke with a representative today about paying off my current device so I could upgrade to the OnePlus 8 Pro via a 3rd party, and he warned me that T-Mobile is in motion to add the device to its offerings soon, and that if I can wait to upgrade, it may be worth it for me! He did not give me a particular timeframe, but I feel this is the most concrete evidence we have so far that maybe someday in the near future, the 8 Pro will arrive in our platter of choices!

I'll literally buy it the day it becomes available

@tmobile-admin​ carry the OnePlus 8 pro bro, we seem to be serious buyers here...

I've been waiting since probably December when the rumors were popping up everywhere.It broke my heart and kinda p$##ed me off.When you're in a contract there's not much you can do when something like this happens.I've heard it's because the price kinda made the powers that be Leary.But to me that .....well....A load of crap!!! There seems to be no problem with carrying both Apple & Samsung and both have a 1000+ price tags.I've upgraded each June and I'm racking my already frazzled brain about what to do.If I knew if in the near future it was going to be added to their line-up but so far not really a peep out of anyone from T-Mobile on this issue.If they have I apologize.The regular OnePlus 8 IMO isn't enough of an upgrade to justify handing one my 7pro.I guess I may go with the 7T Pro McLaren.To me with it also being 5G It's a nicer phone with the 8 only have a slightly better processor.It's a shame it had to be like this.The very least T-Mobile could have did was been upfront months back instead of a few days really before the release we hear about it.

Badge

I drove to t-mobile on April 29th the day one plus 8 pro was supposed to go on sale...only too find out the were not carrying it. Also had a small argument .The gentleman at the counter "twice now",as recent as 5/16/2020 Argued that there was no such thing as a one plus 8 pro,buy now you would think staff would know about such a sought after device. But NOPE just a very unhelpful & nasty rep. Any way t-mobile is changing as a company quickly with higher prices ,unknowledgeable staff and most importantly not carrying the products there customers were led to believe they would! Please get it together t mobile this kind of thing is unacceptable.

According to this article, it even outperforms Samsung on T-Mobiles 5G network. Seems silly to not sell the best phone for your network.

Hopefully this ends up being the case man, I'd get it the day it drops if so. I imagine if it still hasn't dropped by mid-late summer that we won't get it and will get the 8T instead. Likely will have already got it via a third party by that point lol

I drove to t-mobile on April 29th the day one plus 8 pro was supposed to go on sale...only too find out the were not carrying it. Also had a small argument .The gentleman at the counter "twice now",as recent as 5/16/2020 Argued that there was no such thing as a one plus 8 pro,buy now you would think staff would know about such a sought after device. But NOPE just a very unhelpful & nasty rep. Any way t-mobile is changing as a company quickly with higher prices ,unknowledgeable staff and most importantly not carrying the products there customers were led to believe they would! Please get it together t mobile this kind of thing is unacceptable.

I mean… technically he stated a fact. There is no such thing as a One Plus 8 Pro on T-mobile. Why would he have info about a device he does not sell. Out of all 4 Major providers T-Mobile is the most affordable and reliable one so far. The 8 Pro is not available on any major carrier. You can only buy it online through their own website. Verizon, AT&T and Sprint won't carry it either. They just have the OnePlus 8 5G. Honestly its a pretty good phone. 

What is stopping T-Mobile from selling the One Plus 8 Pro? They are always claiming that they are offering the best cellular phones but they have disappointed many T-Mobile customers by not offering the One PLUS 8 Pro! T-Mobile, read the reviews on the ONE plus 8 Pro! Start offering it to your customers! This is very disappointing.... 

Im still waiting for the OnePlus 8 pro. I've contacted OnePlus and TMobile. OnePlus definitely said it's on TMobile when or if it will sell it. TMobile hasn't given a single reason why it isn't carrying the device in it's shop.

The thing that really aggravates me is tmobiles answer to the question. Will TMobile ever sell the the only 8 pro answer- keep an eye on our phone shop really that's not an answer at all. That makes me want to switch carriers and I love TMobile!

So it was decided by OnePlus not to release the Pro to any network providers and only sell it from their website and approved dealers. I actually called OnePlus customer service today and the woman I spoke to said that they DO plan to release OnePlus 8 Pro to Tmobile but that they do not have an exact date yet.