Solved

would tmobile duplicate a sim card for me?

• 10 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello, ai upgraded from the S20 to S21 because it got some concrete in it and wouldn't charge at 25%, I left it off in my glove compartment as an emergency 911 in case of issue phone as a backup, well I work 2 full time jobs and have to have a phone on me almost 24/7 for work... I have 2 sim cards and fixed the phone cleaned it out etc, would tmobile duplicate my current sim card to the other one so when one phone dies from day to day use I can charge it and turn on the other one to allow same number calling? Or would this feature cost more?

icon

Best answer by drnewcomb 10 November 2021, 23:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

T-Mobile (US) does not have a duplicate SIM option. T-Mobile (DE) use to have an option called “Zwilling” (Twin) where you could have two phones (SIMs) on one line.

Badge

T-Mobile (US) does not have a duplicate SIM option. T-Mobile (DE) use to have an option called “Zwilling” (Twin) where you could have two phones (SIMs) on one line.

THanks for the heads up, I will just keep swapping the sim card then or get a cloner as I have cloned Sims myself before it just isn't as reliable, thanks for the heads up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

THanks for the heads up, I will just keep swapping the sim card then or get a cloner as I have cloned Sims myself before it just isn't as reliable, thanks for the heads up.

SIM cloning is something that was possible some years back, due to a security flaw in the original SIM design. I understood that it is not possible to clone modern SIMs as the security flaw has been corrected.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Could T-Mobile DIGITS or Call Forwarding be an option?

https://www.t-mobile.com/business/solutions/digits

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/calling-services