Question

A71 Samsung Ringtone issue

• 26 October 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge

At 7:30 am every day my husbands Samsung A71 goes of as if it’s a notification. It’s not a phone call.  There is no reminder on his calendar for anything on any day at this time.  There is no app that we can find that is set to go off at this time and it isn’t his notification sound that is going off. The only way to get it to stop playing the ringtone is to restart the phone.  It started about 4-5 weeks ago. We took the phone to the nearby T-Mobile store and they were unable to find a problem and suggested reaching out to customer service.  Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!  

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

does he by chance put it into Do Not Disturb mode at night? or could it be set up somehow in there? only other thing i can think of would be to switch the phone into safe mode that night and see if it still happens..if it does then its something with the phone and or one of the stock apps it came with..if it doesnt happen then its due to one of the apps he has downloaded at some point.

no notification pops up when its happening?

Badge

He doesn’t put the phone into Do Not Disturb mode at night.  There is nothing set up on his phone for Do Not Disturb settings.  We will try setting the phone to safe mode tonight and see if that makes a difference. He hasn’t downloaded any new apps to his phone.  He has had this phone for over a year now.  There is no notification that pops up just the ringtone starts playing at 7:30am every morning and we have to restart the phone to stop it.  It did it again this am.   Thanks! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

it did it still while in safe mode?

Badge

We will try the safe mode this evening (Weds) and I’ll get back to you tomorrow with our results.  Thanks! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

At 7:30 am every day my husbands Samsung A71 goes of as if it’s a notification. It’s not a phone call.  There is no reminder on his calendar for anything on any day at this time.  There is no app that we can find that is set to go off at this time and it isn’t his notification sound that is going off.

Had a similar situation with an app.  It was an app that dinged my phone with an internal app message of the day, at nearly the same time everyday.  No other notification given, and could not find what was causing the ding.  It wasn’t until I was actually using the phone at that time that I noticed the culprit app.  Had to open the app to notice the message.  Needless to say, that app was uninstalled, and no dings afterwards.

Have you tried using Nice Catch to see what is creating this ‘notification’ -like sound?

You can also try submitting error report using Samsung Members app the next time you notice the issue.

Badge

He put the phone into safe mode and it didn’t go off this morning! :)  He is going to go through recently added apps and see if he can determine which maybe causing the issue.   Thank you for all the help in resolving this issue. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

boom! its a start at least