Solved

After 4 months of use, the phone is now locked.

Hello;

In January, my wife bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 in France and received a T-mobile device. She had no problem to use it until 2 weeks.

After a reboot the phone have a screen about Network Lock and she can not use it as always with her simcard.

https://i.imgur.com/9xcNvSF.png

We had looking for where we can put an unlock code but we found nothing, and we do not understand why the phone is blocked when she used it without worry for 4 months

Have you any idea about that ? How can I unlock the phone from France ?

icon

Best answer by gramps28 7 June 2018, 19:25

Android phones can be temporarily unlocked while Apple phones can't.

Are you a Tmobile customer because if you aren't Tmobile can't unlock it.

Unlock your mobile wireless device

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

If you bought the phone in France you need to talk to Tmobile France since this is

Tmobile USA.

If you bought a Tmobile USA phone from someone in France , more than likely it was temporarily unlocked

is my guess.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply but there are no T-Mobile en France.by:

What do you meen by "it was temporarily unlocked"

How is it possible to unlock a phone temporarily ? I mean, A phone is locked or unloked, isn't it ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Android phones can be temporarily unlocked while Apple phones can't.

Are you a Tmobile customer because if you aren't Tmobile can't unlock it.

Unlock your mobile wireless device

Hello;

No I'm not a T-Mobile user. I leave in France and T-Mobile is not a brand in France.

I only buy a phone from a French seller that refurbish international phone.

Can you explain to me what is the difference between a simlock and a Network Lock ? Is it the same thing ?

Because, if it's maybe I can call my operator to have a sin unlock code.

Do you know how to show the input to enter this kind of code ? I have not this window on the phone: https://i.imgur.com/ZLNBSH0.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

You need to take the phone back to the seller because Tmobile won't be able to help you.

Thank you for the answer to one of my questions.