Question

Android 11 and UI 3.0

• 6 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge

I'm becoming very impatient I own a Samsung Galaxy note 10 plus 5G and I've been waiting for the Android 11 UI 3.0 update period when is it coming? Also I've been having a problem lately with the microphone on gboard says not able to access Google. what's up with that?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

If you try booting up in Safe Mode, and the problems persist then you’ll know that it’s a real problem.  However, if the problems vanish, you’ll know that the issue is caused by a third party app. Have you recently downloaded any apps?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Your device is over a year old.  Because of that  updates will trickle out slower.  Although just a guess.  I would say, January. 

Badge

I'm becoming very impatient I own a Samsung Galaxy note 10 plus 5G and I've been waiting for the Android 11 UI 3.0 update period when is it coming? Also I've been having a problem lately with the microphone on gboard says not able to access Google. what's up with that?

Honestly I was just thinking this tonight when can we get the update.  I mean damn shouldn't take this long honestly. So my question is it samsung that isnthe hold up or tmobile honestly? Anyone know?

I hate to say this but I am toying with going back to iPhone as you just get the updates when you should and you do not have this slow bull shit on updates. 

Badge

I have a S20G Ultra and growing impatient as its already in a completed status for testing.

Down side of Android is you have 3 parties in play for the update.  Google, phone manufacturer and carrier. Manufacturer has to validate for all hardware in devices and then carrier adds bloatware and validates it again. Openish OS like android vs. closed OS of IOS. So once Apple builds update it is pushed out as they controll all hardware used in device and build OS around it.

Badge

Verizon gave Android 11 to Note 10 on January 15th. So it is definitely tmobile that is not giving us the update.