Question

Android 12 for Note 10+/10

Badge

Samsung is currently rolling out Android 12 to Note devices including the Note 10 series. But Tmobile doesn’t list this as any state in the process from dev to testing to complete.

Is Tmobile not updating the Note 10+/10? I would be very disappointed if Tmobile didn’t continue to support phones that manufacturers are supporting as well as their competitors.

15 replies

I recently had a chat with T-Mobile support online about this and this was the response I was given. 

“When will my Samsung device get Android 12? - Not long after starting its rollout to the Galaxy S21, Samsung also confirmed an official timeline of when to expect Android 12 updates on various other Galaxy smartphones. The timeline, released via the Samsung Members app, sees most of Samsung’s smartphone being updated to Android 12 in January and February of 2022. Keep in mind these dates could vary by region, carrier, or various other factors. This list is also based on Samsung’s official US schedule, but other devices will get Android 12. Therefore to get the certain details for your device, I would urge you to directly chat with Samsung Chat Customer Service on this link - https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/livechat/”

Not exactly what I would call helpful and the fact that they punted the answer back to the OEM even though carriers are responsible for OS upgrades in the US once they are released by the OEM. 

Yes this is exactly what they told me on a text chat yesterday afternoon.  Put it back on Samsung.  I find this funny because several people I know with Note 10 plus phones have already received the update through there carriers.  LOL.  It’s T-Mobile dragging there feet. I guess we just wait.  

I recently had a chat with T-Mobile support online about this and this was the response I was given. 

“When will my Samsung device get Android 12? - Not long after starting its rollout to the Galaxy S21, Samsung also confirmed an official timeline of when to expect Android 12 updates on various other Galaxy smartphones. The timeline, released via the Samsung Members app, sees most of Samsung’s smartphone being updated to Android 12 in January and February of 2022. Keep in mind these dates could vary by region, carrier, or various other factors. This list is also based on Samsung’s official US schedule, but other devices will get Android 12. Therefore to get the certain details for your device, I would urge you to directly chat with Samsung Chat Customer Service on this link - https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/livechat/”

Not exactly what I would call helpful and the fact that they punted the answer back to the OEM even though carriers are responsible for OS upgrades in the US once they are released by the OEM. 

Samsung is currently rolling out Android 12 to Note devices including the Note 10 series. But Tmobile doesn’t list this as any state in the process from dev to testing to complete.

Is Tmobile not updating the Note 10+/10? I would be very disappointed if Tmobile didn’t continue to support phones that manufacturers are supporting as well as their competitors.

I second this statement.  No one has really answered the question.  IS the Note 10 and Note 10 Plus getting the update on T-mobile?????  Its not listed.  If it’s not getting the update Ill be looking to leave as Samsung promised three years of updates on the Note 10.  

Does anyone have any solid information?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

ive never been one to be the first to dive into a update as soon as its released..i push it off as long as i can to watch and see if any issues start popping up and what kind of issues..if it seems like its going smooth i’ll pull the trigger..

Userlevel 1

with the issues Google was having with 12..and the fact that theyre releasing it in even smaller batches than usual to the Note 20s i would want to hold off a tad bit to make sure it isnt going to brick my phone.. but thats just me..smaller release batches usually means theyre expecting something to happen and are kicking it out to smaller groups in case they need to shut it down quickly.

there were reports on another carrier that it was soft bricking phones with the original release. but that was also their variant of it.

softbricks are easily fixed with an official rom, Odin, and a windows PC. and that won't trip the Knox e-fuse. but most don't know how to use Odin or flash an official rom, so can't argue with waiting. I'll grab it as soon as I can though. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

with the issues Google was having with 12..and the fact that theyre releasing it in even smaller batches than usual to the Note 20s i would want to hold off a tad bit to make sure it isnt going to brick my phone.. but thats just me..smaller release batches usually means theyre expecting something to happen and are kicking it out to smaller groups in case they need to shut it down quickly.

there were reports on another carrier that it was soft bricking phones with the original release. but that was also their variant of it.

Badge

We should be in development soon hoping, Feb. They'll be releasing the galaxy  S22 ultra with pen which it should be taking over the note series. I might jump ship and get it.

Userlevel 1

yep, new has priority.  I'm not concerned I don't have it yet, I'm concerned the Note 10s aren't even listed as being in development. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

they just started releasing 12 to the Note 20s..i would think the newer devices would be more of a priority than the older devices...

Userlevel 1

I have. No luck. App told me the number of beta slots has been filled. I did find a beta and downloaded, and could have used it if I didn't grab Dec. security update. Being on a north America unlocked, I can always just borrow a Verizon sim from a friend, fire it up, get it and switch back no problem. 

Badge

have you tried samsung members app for the unlock version beta?

Userlevel 1

verizon started their android 12 roll out for the note 10 series now we wait never fails

Im not blaming TMo yet. Like I said, my N10+ was through Sammy and is unlocked(U1). even on a factory reset with no sim and with SmartSwitch through PC mine couldn't grab 12 yet.

My concern is that N10 isn't even listed as a model in development. 

Badge

verizon started their android 12 roll out for the note 10 series now we wait never fails

Userlevel 1
  • I would like to know the status of Android 12 on TMo for the Note 10 line  as well.

• I am on SM-N975U1(carrier unlocked, North America unlocked, from Samsung itself, not a TMo device.)

• fireguy_6364 The 10+ is on its second OS update, Android 12 will be its third. Starting before the Note 10 line Samsung said their devices would be getting 3 major OS updates. Samsung has been rolling Android 12 for the Note 10 line on other carriers and in other countries.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

how many large OS updates has the Note 10 series received since its launch? 1? 2?