Solved

Android 12 Oxygen 12 updated for OnePlus 9 Pro has MAJOR BUGS & ISSUES!!!!!!

Userlevel 3
Badge

I recently received a new update for android 12 & oxygen 12 for my oneplus 9 pro. Now I have a list of bugs and issues happening. I have read a lot of the same complaints here on the forum and other sites from oneplus 9 pro/  t mobile users experiencing the same thing. Just to list a few…… screen brightness changes for no reason, operational and navigational lag, refresh rate (120) slows down periodically, finger print reader and face unlock will randomly stop working. What is the game plan for t mobile to send out fixes to an update I didn’t need? This is ridiculous.

icon

Best answer by Dark Rhino 6 August 2022, 05:40

View original

72 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have the Oneplus 9 and after my last update that ran yesterday to version LE2117_11_C.18 my android auto wireless stopped working and then I could not get it working by full (car stereo refresh to stock) full android auto uninstall reinstall resync attempt.  I had been using it fine for months and now it will not respond at all.  

I too have experienced the screen brightness going crazy.  I usually turn off auto brightness control as this phone doesn’t seem to understand how to use it.

I have also had it turn off the auto rotate function on its own randomly which is amazingly frustrating.

My fingerprint reader was pretty stable but it recently started going nuts.  I hadn’t considered it may be related to said update.

Userlevel 1

My fingerprint reader breaks occasionally now also after the update. Refresh rate drops to sub 10fps randomly. Screen brightness also broken, a lot of time at either max, or minimum brightness with no response from the brightness slider. I will not be getting my next OnePlus through T-Mobile, that is if I go with OnePlus at all in the future.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

All issues present in all versions of the Android 12 firmware for all OnePlus devices.  The code base merger with Oppo that will be abandoned with Android 13 will be the fix.  Until then, use the MSM Tool to rollback to Android 11 and disable automatic updates.  It will wipe your device!  There is a  rollback package that will also wipe your device, but it is much less reliable for some reason so using the MSM Tool will achieve the cleanest out of the box experience.  

After the forced update to LE2117_11_C.18 over the weekend, I have experienced much of the listed issues. my fingerprint scanner no longer works, I experience random reboots, most of the time my screen crawls or stops responding all together, and I can no longer adjust screen brightness (its stuck at maximum brightness). Such a shame to happen to a Overplus phone, I've been a user since the Overplus 5 and would had never though such bad quality control would befall a once user centric company.

Userlevel 1

Also having this issue. Phone will go to maximum brightness until I restart my phone, user input has no control. Phone will lag horribly and sometimes certain parts(or entirely, when trying to enter lock screen password [no fingerprint], which happens way more often) of the screen will turn black and user input is still received. When recording screen of these issues, it does not get registered when look at the videos again. It's horribly often. It often makes the phone unusable until I restart it.

Edit: Area for fingerprint is whited out. A pure white circle with no animation.

How the hell does something this rickety pass through QA and into a forced upgrade??

My fingerprint sensor is completely borked. Tried deleting it and re-adding it it's just a white oval and no amount of pressing it for any amount of time works.

I don't want to have to roll back and wipe my device! Absurd 

EDIT:

After another reboot I'm now able to set my fingerprint again. Thankfully 

Userlevel 1

Hardware version: 22

Software version: LE2127_11_C.18

Baseband version: Q_V1_P14

Kernel: 5.4.147-qgki-gaa2b12955fb7

1) Fingerprint stopped working. They did a like bootloader restart and I was able to setup again, but then it stopped working once more. Fingerprint area is all white, and knows my finger is there but can't/doesn't read it. 

2) Screen flickers off and on occasionally.

3) Brightness adjusts randomly but is often locked at 100%.

4) Can't watch full screen videos on Netflix or YouTube, it's just black or flickers.

5) Refresh rate drops, or it is slowing down, can't tell which. Chrome, app drawer, telegram, photos, all have this issue that I know of. But may not be limited to certain apps. 

Having all the same issues, would be great if they would respond or acknowledge it at All. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

no one in here to either acknowledge nor respond to something like this...the site is primarily peer to peer assistance only with a handful of admins and moderators to keep the site in order only...

Okay so everyone is having the same issues but has T-Mobile responded or given a solution seeing that it was a forced update to which an option wasn't given?? 

Some update ran a couple weeks ago on  my OnePlus Nord, now the alarm clock works one time out of 10, I can no longer find a way to do a USB file transfer from my PC to the phone (“usb preferences” no longer exists). Congratulations, this update really HOSED us. Congratulations to the QA that let this trainwreck of a so-called update get out to customers. LAME. FIX IT!!!!!

Also having this exact issue. I've figured out how to work around the brightness issue by leaving my phone locked until it corrects itself but it still does it constantly and all that helps is me not having to restart my phone every 20 minutes. Sometimes I cannot even unlock my phone and it has been a major issue recently when I've needed my gps and my phone was so bugged it wasn't opening. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

has anyone tried booting the phone into safe mode to see if things level out or not? and i cant remember if it was mentioned by anyone..but has anyone attempted a FR to see if it fixes the issues or if they continue?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I wrote a discussion earlier but you have to go without fingerprint and face lock/unlock unfortunately. This is AFTER wiping the phone to factory setting and it was still causing issues so once the biometrics were disabled and disabled most apps I don’t use, things are back to normal for now. You’ll just have to unlock with the pin pad if you want to keep your phone locked.

Userlevel 2
Badge

The plus side of factory reset is, it seems to run smoother other than utter incompetence by T-Mobile to acknowledge and give us any information on future updates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

they dont have any info until OP in this case gives it to them..and even then the only thing you’ll get info wise will be posted in here..

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/support/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates

and even that info will be bare minimum..no agents in here to acknodledge anything..or give out info pertaining to updates.

Also having this issue. Phone will go to maximum brightness until I restart my phone, user input has no control. Phone will lag horribly and sometimes certain parts(or entirely, when trying to enter lock screen password [no fingerprint], which happens way more often) of the screen will turn black and user input is still received. When recording screen of these issues, it does not get registered when look at the videos again. It's horribly often. It often makes the phone unusable until I restart it.

Edit: Area for fingerprint is whited out. A pure white circle with no animation.

This is 100% the issues I have been experiencing as well. Unusable is accurate description 👌 

C. 18 update has massive bugs with display. If I play hdr video it breaks my fingerprint, and puts display to 100% brightness can't change it, flickering, stuttering. Very scary to see almost looks like hardware issue but only appeared after update. This can't be good for the display!! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

C. 18 update has massive bugs with display. If I play hdr video it breaks my fingerprint, and puts display to 100% brightness can't change it, flickering, stuttering. Very scary to see almost looks like hardware issue but only appeared after update. This can't be good for the display!! 

Yep.

I created my own thread but the only way I’ve found to fix this issue is wipe to factory default BUT you cannot enable fingerprint or any biometrics. Only pins.

So since I’ve had enough, I finally was able to figure out a way to get the unlock PIN to request OnePlus to send me the unlock code so I can just void the warranty (which is a joke anyway) and upload my own custom ROM. 

Same problems here with my 9pro.

Did the resets and it only fixes it for a while.

The safe mode, rollback, and disabling of features is not a fix. I wish the Sony phones, and LG and moto for that matter, were actually compatible with our network again. Tmo and sandsun are starting to look like a problem for choice and competition in the marketplace no? They change things too often and effectively break our 800 dollar equipment like it's no big deal. I don't like having to roll back or not get updates to my OS.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I switched mine back to OnePlus 7T. Slightly smaller but now that it’s unlocked bootloader wise, I can do whatever I want with it. Plus I always hated this stupid curved glass that does nothing once you put a screen protector.

T-Mo really dropped a ball on this one. I miss the good ‘ol days when Sprint SERO was $30/month and upgrade was super cheap 😅

Oh I left the cover off so the curved glass could make scrolling attempts just zoom out instead, or go-back in the browser to previous tabs, or just do some random operation because 3 things are being touched. 😂

Some phone gears make so we could use the side for just one gimmick. But yeh, imagine scrolling without covering content costing 600 more, right? I seriously do not feel like this is an 800 dollar phone at all. It's not even as nice as my Sony Z1, Z3-5 all those phones felt better than this until tmo broke all their connectivity to sell sam-songs over priced stuff.

With laptop specs I expect apps to just run smoother and instantly. This isn't it. The 300 dollar LG I have runs smoother on wifi... It's a wreck innit?

Got my OP 9 Pro 3 weeks ago and warrantied after 1 week for a new one because the brightness would go max brightness and the screen would flicker. The phone becomes inoperable until you restart it and this is a brand new phone from a T Mobile store just a few days after use. So like I said I warrantied it, got a new one - SAME PROBLEMS. The screen will go max brightness on its own, flicker, the fingerprint reader goes all white and will not read fingerprints. This is disturbing as this new warrantied phone is just a couple days old out of the box with the same issues. I’ll be going back to Samsung if this doesn’t get fixed soon. I do business on my phone and I pay good money and been with T-Mobile for over a decade. This needs to be addressed ASAP, it’s unacceptable to take Flagship smartphone money and not fix a major issue if there is one. I will climb the latter to see this doesn’t cost me money, I do my part and pay my bill and pay for my phone - T mobile needs to do their part on this system update and make things right with this line of OnePlus. I will be coming back to this post daily to add my thoughts and provoke action.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Got my OP 9 Pro 3 weeks ago and warrantied after 1 week for a new one because the brightness would go max brightness and the screen would flicker. The phone becomes inoperable until you restart it and this is a brand new phone from a T Mobile store just a few days after use. So like I said I warrantied it, got a new one - SAME PROBLEMS. The screen will go max brightness on its own, flicker, the fingerprint reader goes all white and will not read fingerprints. This is disturbing as this new warrantied phone is just a couple days old out of the box with the same issues. I’ll be going back to Samsung if this doesn’t get fixed soon. I do business on my phone and I pay good money and been with T-Mobile for over a decade and this is not acceptable.

Ya a new phone should never have an issue like that; I’d be ticked off. T-Mo hasn’t been the same after COVID especially. They’ve gone from good to horrible. I miss the old customer service that was friendly and personable. Something has changed over at T-Mo.

I’d get a completely different platform if it’s acceptable; not sure if Samsung has the same issue but this is by far the worst OS update I’ve seen in years. Nothing this bad. And T-Mo doesn’t seem to care other than their scripted answers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

pretty much all the manufacturers ran into issue with 12