Solved

Android 12 Oxygen 12 updated for OnePlus 9 Pro has MAJOR BUGS & ISSUES!!!!!!

Userlevel 3
Badge

I recently received a new update for android 12 & oxygen 12 for my oneplus 9 pro. Now I have a list of bugs and issues happening. I have read a lot of the same complaints here on the forum and other sites from oneplus 9 pro/  t mobile users experiencing the same thing. Just to list a few…… screen brightness changes for no reason, operational and navigational lag, refresh rate (120) slows down periodically, finger print reader and face unlock will randomly stop working. What is the game plan for t mobile to send out fixes to an update I didn’t need? This is ridiculous.

icon

Best answer by Dark Rhino 6 August 2022, 05:40

View original

72 replies

Keep bumping this thread, this needs to be fixed. I’ve reset my phone 6 times today and its 2pm.

Userlevel 1

Hey guys, I came here looking for some answers too. I have a OP 9 Pro and am having all the issues stated here. Frame rates drop to seizure-inducing levels, brightness is unchangeable (normally stuck at max), fingerprint reader randomly becomes inoperative (turns into a white bubble), etc. 

As glad as I am to hear it’s not just me, the lack of support is astounding. If anyone does find some sort of fix I would appreciate they post it here. I had a OnePlus 6T and loved it to death. I was so excited for the 9 Pro, but it has been questionable the last few months to say the least. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

since the site here is primarily peer to peer assistance..what support are you looking for? they dont pop into here to update stuff like this..as of right now OP is needing to fix their compatibility issue that came in with 12...TMO isnt the one that would be fixing this..

I literally just googled the issues of my phone and this popped up! So do we need to contact OP? because if this is only for t-mobile there is no point in all of us complaining here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Carriers don't develop updates for devices, so going to the manufacturer is always your best bet for feedback and reporting issues.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey guys:

The long and the short is I've been experiencing all the aforementioned issues with my branded TMobile OnePlus 9 Pro just like everyone else on this thread - and I went so far as to perform a hard reset of my phone. But…

I just downloaded and installed the July security patch (version:LE2127_11_C.19) and it seems to have resolved all issues. Granted it's only been 15 minutes so far so fingers crossed. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey guys:

The long and the short is I've been experiencing all the aforementioned issues with my branded TMobile OnePlus 9 Pro just like everyone else on this thread - and I went so far as to perform a hard reset of my phone. But…

I just downloaded and installed the July security patch (version:LE2127_11_C.19) and it seems to have resolved all issues. Granted it's only been 15 minutes so far so fingers crossed. 

I got that new update LE2127_11_C.19 and breathed a sigh of relief..... Everything was working fine until I watched YouTube, then it broke again with the same issues.... I'm deducing that a bug triggers using YouTube rather it be the app itself or the video quality I have the app set at (best quality 1080p-1440) causes the aforementioned bugs surface again.... i.e. finger print reader goes blank and the screen flickers again ... It seems like there's going to be several os updates needed to fix this massive developer mess they've created. Additionally, Oppo owns one plus again, the user centric company is not so driven to give value and performance to it's users ...... Thoughts?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey guys:

I got that new update LE2127_11_C.19 and breathed a sigh of relief..... Everything was working fine until I watched YouTube, then it broke again with the same issues.... I'm deducing that a bug triggers using YouTube rather it be the app itself or the video quality I have the app set at (best quality 1080p-1440) causes the aforementioned bugs surface again.... i.e. finger print reader goes blank and the screen flickers again ... It seems like there's going to be several os updates needed to fix this massive developer mess they've created. Additionally, Oppo owns one plus again, the user centric company is not so driven to give value and performance to it's users ...... Thoughts?

I think you just broke my heart (I haven't tested YouTube yet and now I'm afraid)...lol

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey guys:

I think you just broke my heart (I haven't tested YouTube yet and now I'm afraid)...lol

I haven't used YouTube since I replied to your post and I'm constantly testing my finger print reader and screen brightness.... It's stable at the moment 🤞

Userlevel 1
Badge

Okay, watching YouTube just broke everything once and again - fingerprint, brightness, etc. So I've restarted the phone and it seems to be running stable. I guess for the time being no YouTube but the trade off is a phone that functions?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Okay, watching YouTube just broke everything once and again - fingerprint, brightness, etc. So I've restarted the phone and it seems to be running stable. I guess for the time being no YouTube but the trade off is a phone that functions?

Yeah, it's a crappy trade off for a $1k device (when I bought it last year). I've been a OnePlus user for 4 years, this is the first time I've been contemplating a Google 6 pro or .... Ugh hate to say it.... Samsung G series.... Smartphone for non techies.... But at least their os and updates are more consistent and stable..... I digress 

I got sick of all of this and converted to global firmware. Much happier. This is my first carrier branded device bought outright and its been a disaster till now, I am free from T-Mobile updates.

Userlevel 1

I just got the new update and it is stable for me now as well. But I am also scared to open YouTube haha.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I just got the new update and it is stable for me now as well. But I am also scared to open YouTube haha.

Having run the phone now with the July security patch installed for half the day:

1. Everything seems quite stable until I fire up YouTube, then it all breaks down again with the various issues as documented in this thread.
  2. This said, each time the phone is restarted, everything clears up until YouTube…

So some progress…?

I started experiencing all the issues stated above on my OnePlus Pro 9 starting a month ago following my update including:

Screen goes black when watching videos on full screen (particularly YouTube)

Fingerprint stops working

Brightness defaults to max

Phone runs slow and very hot

Cannot use apps in split screen mode

TMobile replaced my phone when I notified them of the issues. New phone worked fine for a week until another OTA update broke everything again.

Like others stated the new security patch stabilizes most things with the exception of:

YouTube

Split screen mode still doesn't work in most apps

Will look to return the phone/exchange for something else.

I lost my phone icon & have no idea how to get it back 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Userlevel 2
Badge

Okay, at this point, I thought, this new update from few days ago cannot be any more disappointing so…

I WIPED again before I did any update. If YouTube is causing any issue, I would wipe it. It sucks but at this point I’ve done 4-5 factory reset and feel like it’s the only way to really tell if it’s still broken or not.

48 hours later, it’s good so far. I use YouTube daily (I’m a YouTuber also like...so many lol). I did disable most Google products other than the Maps, Gmail, etc. I haven’t had any issues yet. Though one thing I haven’t loaded & configured is Tasker. It’s such a pain either way and just shocked IT TOOK THIS LONG for T-Mo to get this update to be I’ll just say somewhat stable as it’s obviously isn’t for everyone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

TMO has very little to do with updates..especially security patches..

Did the Update about 24 hours ago. Definitely an improvement, but still not fixed. Had my fingerprint reader break a few times and the screen stay max brightness. I think I restarted my phone twice yesterday.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Are you sure? I thought they built their own ROM’s based on Android...the reason why it’s also difficult to patch & update anything with T-Mo’s version.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Are you sure? I thought they built their own ROM’s based on Android...the reason why it’s also difficult to patch & update anything with T-Mo’s version.

Carriers to not employ development teams for Android or iOS.  All updates for all devices are developed and tested in-house by the OEM before the OEM pushes that update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Google kicks updates to manufacturers..manufacturers mess with it to make them compatible with their devices..been this way since day one pretty much...carriers dont want anything to do with security patches because..

A-they cover the reception side of things..

B-they dont want to be the reason the security patch doesnt work

C-they’ll test them but anything ran into reception wise they’ll kick feedback to the manufacturer and then the wash/rinse/repeat fixing then testing then either giving the ok to kick it out or hold off and fix the remaining issues.

heck its the same for OS updates as well..the carrier will test them but the mass majority of any fixes or adjustments is on the manufacturers side. same goes for the other carriers...so figure each OEM must make a carrier variant for each carrier out there.

HTC has been gone in the wind however this still gives the run down that every manufacturer does when it comes to OS updates start to finish..

https://www.droid-life.com/2013/12/26/awesome-infographic-htc-shows-us-the-anatomy-of-an-android-os-update-from-pdk-to-ota/

so when people are saying “ (insert carrier here) kicked out the update..why hasnt TMO? whelp...that carrier was able to finish theirs with less issues to fix before the TMO variant did..or vise versa..whomever gets a working variant first gets to kick it out first. if in this case OP kept running into issues with Verizons variants but things went semi smoothly for TMOs..then they’ll kick out TMOs first..

carriers will have things they want added in though..which is usually where said delays come in due to trying to make it compatible without screwing anything up.

i can say the issue yall were having was due to a compatibility issue between 12 and from what i was told one specific ability on the OP devices..im unable to say what said ability was however if this security patch actually fixed it then im wondering if they either turned said ability off to correct this or if they actually fixed it fixed it..

Userlevel 2
Badge

So who is to blame for this Android 12 fiasco 🤣 My fingers are ready!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

So who is to blame for this Android 12 fiasco 🤣 My fingers are ready!!!

In this case, it's Google and OnePlus.  Android 12 wasn't great when it was released but is slowly being fixed.  However, then you throw the mess of the Oxygen OS base being merged with OPPO's Color OS that has caused problems on top of problems.  So much so, Android 13 will revert to a straight Oxygen OS feeling with no code from Color OS at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

sorry..did some add on edits to my last post instead of just doing a new one lol.