Solved

Android 12 Oxygen 12 updated for OnePlus 9 Pro has MAJOR BUGS & ISSUES!!!!!!

Userlevel 3
Badge

I recently received a new update for android 12 & oxygen 12 for my oneplus 9 pro. Now I have a list of bugs and issues happening. I have read a lot of the same complaints here on the forum and other sites from oneplus 9 pro/  t mobile users experiencing the same thing. Just to list a few…… screen brightness changes for no reason, operational and navigational lag, refresh rate (120) slows down periodically, finger print reader and face unlock will randomly stop working. What is the game plan for t mobile to send out fixes to an update I didn’t need? This is ridiculous.

icon

Best answer by Dark Rhino 6 August 2022, 05:40

View original

72 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

So who is to blame for this Android 12 fiasco 🤣 My fingers are ready!!!

12 itself has borked up numerous devices across the manufacturers..heck the smoothest 12 update i have seen so far was to my V60..only a few small issues that you dont even really notice much..by far not issue free but at least its still working lol

Userlevel 2
Badge

So who is to blame for this Android 12 fiasco 🤣 My fingers are ready!!!

In this case, it's Google and OnePlus.  Android 12 wasn't great when it was released but is slowly being fixed.  However, then you throw the mess of the Oxygen OS base being merged with OPPO's Color OS that has caused problems on top of problems.  So much so, Android 13 will revert to a straight Oxygen OS feeling with no code from Color OS at all.

I just hope they don’t eff it up further in the future...just have a really bad taste with Android even though I don’t think I can ever switch to Apple.

I miss LG, HTC, and wish these cell companies would offer more brands. Xiaomi for example. But I’m sure there’s all sorts of red flag, gov, Chinese this, and who knows what sort of deals these companies offer T-Mo to keep their brands *cough*

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

was just chatting with syaoran about that in private chat lol. loved my HTC Evo...which we dubbed over on the Sprint site the OEVO...bypassed the stupid EVO 3D (3DEVO)..once they went i jumped over to the LG side and have had all pretty solid phones with them up until they also pulled the plug lol..next phone will be a Pixel for me more than likely..HTC and for the most part LG were pretty good with their updates..not first to kick them out usually but rarely ever were they last to kick it out.

keep in mind that pretty much all OEMs for phones are from south korea..which for those that bring up how the European variants of an update already kicked out..why hasnt ours?...well?...its kind of already in their neck of the woods lol...plus they dont have to add in all the (word of choice here) the U.S carriers ask for (carrier specific junk)

Userlevel 2
Badge

I feel most carriers aren’t being competitive enough with their offerings at this point...sure, I can just buy it and insert the SIM if it’s compatible but...it’s like they’re spitting out a new model every 8-10 months with very little upgrade to entice me enough personally.

I’m surprised you say Pixel; I haven’t honestly considered it with all the reviews out there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

my outlook was might as well go to the source of it all rather than to something that gets the updates handed down and messed with after the fact..

hopeful thinking but at this point i cant stand Samsung stuff and not quite to my last nerve enough to jump onto the Apple bandwagon lol. and OP is still in their infant phase pretty much when comparing to the other biggins..they have a lot of room to improve..

Userlevel 2
Badge

Oh yes, I ditched Samsung long ago. Note 10 did it for me...it was the most cheap feeling device I ever paid and returned it, tried OnePlus and been in love with it since. Though I’m keeping my options of course. Who knows, one day Microsoft may make a big comeback and we all go back running Windows again on our phones 😂 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

they all pretty much have done some questionable things...heck i remember when Motorola had the Photon..maybe it was the Photon2...either way it got one big OS update and then it just fell off the planet update wise..no reasoning other than it went end of life (EOL) quick..most devices around that time were usually getting 2 large OS updates...possibly 3 if you got lucky...the Photon got one..and it was issue filled lol.

for Sammy...the S7 was the one that turned me away from them..lemon out the gate for me..the touch screen lag it had was nuts..i could type out one word via text or anything really and then sit there and watch the screen...eventually you’ll see the letters etc start clicking as if a ghost was doing it a full minute later..thats even after a factory reset and booting it into safe mode to see if it was being caused by any apps..

havent touched one since.

I too had the issues with the fingerprint reader going out my One Plus 9 Pro 5G. According to a reddit post (dont have the link) the error is triggered by “Video motion enhancement” in the display settings  being set to ON. So, if you watch a youtube video in landscape and lock the phone using power button it will glitch and render the fingerprint reader useless. Only a reboot clears up the problem.

So my solution was: Settings, Display & Brightness, Video motion enhancement, Select OFF” hope this helps. and yes as of 8/9/2022 i got Android update from Tmobile with July security update (LE2127_11_C.19), tested to see if they had fixed this fingerprint glitch, and it is NOT FIXED. --no telling when we are getting the next update.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I too had the issues with the fingerprint reader going out my One Plus 9 Pro 5G. According to a reddit post (dont have the link) the error is triggered by “Video motion enhancement” in the display settings  being set to ON. So, if you watch a youtube video in landscape and lock the phone using power button it will glitch and render the fingerprint reader useless. Only a reboot clears up the problem.

So my solution was: Settings, Display & Brightness, Video motion enhancement, Select OFF” hope this helps. and yes as of 8/9/2022 i got Android update from Tmobile with July security update (LE2127_11_C.19), tested to see if they had fixed this fingerprint glitch, and it is NOT FIXED. --no telling when we are getting the next update.

I tried your recommendation and it's working as you experienced. It's a fair trade off having video motion enhancement turned -off-, I agree that it could be a couple of os & security patch updates before that bug is fixed. Thanks for the advice.

I tried your recommendation and it's working as you experienced. It's a fair trade off not having video motion enhancement turned -off-, I agree that it could be a couple of os & security patch updates before that bug is fixed. Thanks for the advice.

no problem, glad I could help someone. 

Having the same issue of fingerprint scanner and brightness. I am having issue whenever I watch something on Netflix. The finger scanner just goes grey.

Any update when will it be fixed ?

Having the same issue of fingerprint scanner and brightness. I am having issue whenever I watch something on Netflix. The finger scanner just goes grey.

I tried using Netflix with Video motion enhancement on and it didn’t glitch my fingerprint reader. Its just the Youtube app for me. Also on the brightness, I disabled Auto Brightness. I just leave it at full brightness. 

It’s sad we have to disable features, but it’s either that or rebooting your phone all the time to reset fingerprint scanner.

--No telling when they will update, perhaps when we get Android 13, and that’s gonna be a while.

I tried using Netflix with Video motion enhancement on and it didn’t glitch my fingerprint reader. Its just the Youtube app for me. Also on the brightness, I disabled Auto Brightness. I just leave it at full brightness. 

It’s sad we have to disable features, but it’s either that or rebooting your phone all the time to reset fingerprint scanner.

--No telling when they will update, perhaps when we get Android 13, and that’s gonna be a while.

I ll try that with video motion enhancement. But this is no solution. Can we downgrade the OS ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

for those seeing the big jumps in screen brightness how many of you seeing this are running a screen protector and how many are not?

wondering if the update made the sensor super sensitive.

I ll try that with video motion enhancement. But this is no solution. Can we downgrade the OS ? 

Personally, I wouldnt recommend downgrading. The Android 12 update, even with its glitches, did fix a lot of the glitches I had with Android 11. The most annoying one being my “Hey Google” becoming unusable. It has just been a subpar experience for me with my Tmobile OP9Pro and it’s updates. Last time I’ll buy a device from them, EVER.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

so OP confirmed today that theyre aware of the issues with both the fingerprint scanner and the auto brightness deal..there will be a MR kicked out in the near future to fix both of these..

funny part is they recommended the same deal yall already did as a work around with turning off the video motion enhancement and then restarting it lol.

day late and a dollar short there op lol.

scratch that..their only additional add on was after switching off the video motion enhancement they said to restart the phone….im guessing the restart refreshes all the connections and settings.

Badge

I recently received a new update for android 12 & oxygen 12 for my oneplus 9 pro. Now I have a list of bugs and issues happening. I have read a lot of the same complaints here on the forum and other sites from oneplus 9 pro/  t mobile users experiencing the same thing. Just to list a few…… screen brightness changes for no reason, operational and navigational lag, refresh rate (120) slows down periodically, finger print reader and face unlock will randomly stop working. What is the game plan for t mobile to send out fixes to an update I didn’t need? This is ridiculous.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Anyone have any idea when the next OTA security update will be released? Hoping some bug fixes will be incorporated - specifically addressing the ones in this thread.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

dont believe theyre going to be attempting to fix this one. most of what is being said was a possible push to 13 instead. a lot of the issues with 12 in OPs case was compatibility with their OS.

Para OnePlus 9 pro 5G LE2127 sacará al menos una beta de OxígenOS 13. Pq me parece que están atrasados con respecto a Android 13 

TMobile lo que.deberi hacer es acabar de revolucionar en OxígenOS 13 y android 13 para los OnePlus que está bien atrasado no an sacado ni una sola beta publica 

Userlevel 1
Badge

OTA Android security patch upgraded to September, 2022: LE2127_11_C.20

Have installed. Checking to see how my branded TMobile OnePlus 9 Pro functions at this point.