Android 12 SUCKS!!!!!!!!

• 2 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m PISSED!!!! This afternoon my battery died and my phone shut off. Upon restarting it, It was completely different! I have a Oneplus 9Pro and my system is set to manual reset. This is some kind of BULL! How dare you go into someone’s phone and totally reconfigure it without asking permission! You know if the “upgrade” was actually an upgrade and made your device better, but it isn’t! Most of my apps are gone! My phone is completely different, no favorites, my business contacts are mixed with my private contacts, apps have a dot next to them that should not, my business software is not acting right, my texts don’t sound right, I am missing a ton of my texts that are work related and extremely important, my texts that are supposed to be pinned at the top AREN’T, and this is just some of the stuff I recognized. I haven’t even gone through the entire phone yet! I absolutely HATE the way it looks and I HATE the way it operates even more!!! This is insane!!! Now I have to back everything up and bootleg this dam phone in order to bring it back to the way it was. How do you justify breaking into someone's property and doing whatever the hell you want without their permission….the least you can do is ASK and let the consumer decide! This is B S Tmobile & Oneplus!!!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Unfortunately if you read Tmobile's and OnePlus’s terms and conditions you will see that they own the software just like computers with window operating systems.

If your phone is due for an OS update this can happen and I'm not arguing with you because I understand your frustrations. I've been running 12 on my phone for almost  a year but never ran into the issues you are having. I've had many minor issues but I have a Pixel 4XL.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

As one that feels your pain when it comes to updates, there is not a lot we can do. That little agreement we agree to call The End User Agreement allows them to make Software changes that sometimes against our wishes.

Larysa3,

I am experiencing all of the same things as you. Add to that T-Mobile service (coming from Sprint merge) and crappy customer service this is by far the worst mobile service provider experience I have ever had. T-Mobile doesn't even offer any kind of compensation to try and ease the pain a bit. The communication between Sprint and T-Mobile during the merge has been the most unprofessional thing I have ever witnessed in mobile provider services. I have been a Sprint customer for over 20 years before the merge and never had any of the issues I'm having with T-Mobile. Customer service always says they note your account when you speak with them but when you call back at a later date guess what the account is not noted with your previous conversation talking points or concerns which mean you have to go through the whole spill again. Super frustrating. I could go on but I won't. #ShouldveWentWithVerizonInstead #ThanksForNothingT-Mobile

Userlevel 1
Badge

As one that feels your pain when it comes to updates, there is not a lot we can do. That little agreement we agree to call The End User Agreement allows them to make Software changes that sometimes against our wishes.

Yea I realize that trickery they make us sign…still there should be a warning, an ask, a heads-up... anything to at least let you know what to expect. One minute your phone runs out of battery, the next it's hijacked and totally re-configured...stupid

Same issue. Just restarted my phone after update. Everything is different. I can’t find my telephone icon so as of now, I can’t even make a phone call. My hidden icon folder has disappeared, the mode to access it no longer works and can find no other way to get to it. All of my settings have changed. This is the craziest, stupidest system update I’ve ever seen. 

I have a One Plus 9 as well and now am unable to access my work profile.  Apparently Microsoft and Google are also aware of the issue and are working to resolve.  The 12 update affected One Plus/Huawei/Xiaomi/Oppo devices.  

On a side note, is there any way to roll back the update without returning your phone to factory settings??

I have a One Plus 9 as well and now am unable to access my work profile.  Apparently Microsoft and Google are also aware of the issue and are working to resolve.  The 12 update affected One Plus/Huawei/Xiaomi/Oppo devices.  

On a side note, is there any way to roll back the update without returning your phone to factory settings??

I'm struggling with same issue, work profile isn't working anymore. Is there way we can downgrade to Android 11?

Yea I realize that trickery they make us sign…still there should be a warning, an ask, a heads-up... anything to at least let you know what to expect. One minute your phone runs out of battery, the next it's hijacked and totally re-configured...stupid

Amen - Snowden just posted a tweet about this. We should not have to sign away our privacy and our rights just to have a freaking phone do what it’s supposed to do. I am now researching a Linux phone that doesn’t force me into these kinds of situations. I’ll also add: I do not want 5G. I do not want 11 (count them on your phone!!) ELEVEN Google apps on my phone. I don’t use them. I believe they are invasive. They take up too much space. It’s criminal. Time for these corporations to start listening to their customers (and not in the way they and the intel agencies want to!)