Solved

Android 12 Update for oneplus 7t Pro 5G McLaren

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

How long did it take to complete android 12 version for OnePlus 7t pro 5G?

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 25 October 2022, 20:54

View original

112 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Any idea??

Any expected month??

When it's done.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I don't know if this article includes the T-Mobile version but it clarifies the support window for the 7-series and 7T-series devices. 

https://oxygenupdater.com/article/372/

Userlevel 2

I get all that but the point is we're supposed to get 3 years major OS updates. Part of the reason i bought this phone brand new. I'm not asking to extend the update policy, just what was agreed upon when i bought this phone. Plus i really like this phone other than the bugs it has. Still fast, big screen and live the pop up camera

“2 years (Per https://oxygenupdater.com/article/372/:
Although OnePlus announced an updated software maintenance schedule in July 2021 — guaranteeing 3 major Android updates and 4 years of security updates to their flagship devices — it did not apply to devices released before 8-series. They instead follow its previous iteration: 2 years of major Android updates and an additional year of only security updates.”

“I am not a T-mobile Employee”--but I play one on TV.

Userlevel 2

Any idea??

Any expected month??

Nobody has any idea, much less an expected month.
I’m sure that as soon as someone has any idea, it will be posted here, and until then it will be unrewarding to ask for release dates.

Userlevel 2

This post from another forum says McLaren 12 is available as OTA. If it is, I’m surprised there is such little news of it, and no mention here yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/zzmyn4/so_i_updated_my_7t_pro_mclaren_to_android_12_via/

I know nothing more than what is in this post, and don’t even know that well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

This post from another forum says McLaren 12 is available as OTA. If it is, I’m surprised there is such little news of it, and no mention here yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/zzmyn4/so_i_updated_my_7t_pro_mclaren_to_android_12_via/

I know nothing more than what is in this post, and don’t even know that well.

https://community.oneplus.com/thread/1250956158056267778

the OP forums arent exactly happy either..

Userlevel 2

the OP forums arent exactly happy either..

Try some constructive contribution, rather than stagnant disapproval.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

tell it to them. im reporting the news..not creating it sport

information is information..whether it be good or bad..

i have another link where one of the OnePlus software team members posted why it was pulled and delayed..or would that not be constructive enough?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Any update about update 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Any news about update???

Userlevel 2

Any update about update 

Any news about update???

Yes--they said if maan.mani keeps asking, they will devote more resources to it.
Maybe you just haven’t been asking enough.

Userlevel 2

There is a Tom’s Guide article, “I know it’s time for an upgrade but I just can’t let go of my old OnePlus phone”, and the author, Anthony Spadafora, and most commenters feel as we do, in that the OP7TPM is still going strong.

https://www.tomsguide.com/opinion/i-know-its-time-for-an-upgrade-but-i-just-cant-let-go-of-my-old-oneplus-phone

One commenter posted a link to OP OOS forum topic with a “SUBMIT THIS FORM” link to an “Oxygen OS Feedback Form”,  SUBMIT THIS FORM.

For the last few sections on the form, I put in a reminder that I am “Still Waiting For Promised Android Version 12. Android 13 Would Do In Place Of That.”

Now that we know, maybe everyone here can visit and fill the form in.

Still hopeful.

Userlevel 2

OOS12 for T-Mobile 7T has arrived, which still gives hope that it will come for the McLaren.
https://www.xda-developers.com/t-mobile-oneplus-7t-android-12-oxygenos-12-stable/

A month ago, according to a T-Mobile community manager, “OnePlus 7T Pro 5G and Android 12 is still in development.”

Userlevel 3
Badge

T-Mobile is sleeping to launch update Android 12 for this model

Userlevel 3
Badge

Where is update???

I think it is in pipeline..

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

With Android 15 already in beta 2 and the 7T Pro 5G now being End of Life for over a year now…  Factor in that T-Mobile does not sell the OPPO OnePlus 11 and the only stock for OnePlus devices is old stock.  Keep that hope alive but I doubt it is coming.  

Well, we finally got it, boys!

HD1925_11_F.04

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yes guys catch it... Android 12 has been released 

Userlevel 3
Badge

But multi touch issue not solved in android 12 

Userlevel 2

HD1925_11_F.04

Keep that hope alive but I doubt it is coming.  

It really is here! On my McLaren I just now checked System->Update, and it is listed!

Yahoo! Now I’m  griping that they didn’t skip it and go to 13.

Funny how it happened right after Syaoran finally caved and said he doubted it--synchronicity?

Thank you T-Mobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HD1925_11_F.04

Keep that hope alive but I doubt it is coming.  

It really is here! On my McLaren I just now checked System->Update, and it is listed!

Yahoo! Now I’m  griping that they didn’t skip it and go to 13.

Funny how it happened right after Syaoran finally caved and said he doubted it--synchronicity?

Thank you T-Mobile.

at this point of of it finally getting kicked out..would you doubt it was coming?

Userlevel 3
Badge

What about bugs???

How we can remove bugs without update..

I hoped that in android 12 bugs will remove but nothing happened.. multi touch issues and all other bugs related to touch still present..

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The multi touch and other issues with Android 12 for devices that were end of life after that update have never been resolved.  They are listed as end of life and list the Android 12 update as the last update.  You can always MSM back to before that issue started and just not update. 

I am glad you all got your Android 12 update but I knew none of you were going to be happy with it.  Perhaps it is finally time to consider moving on to a newer device and one that is still within its support window.

Userlevel 3
Badge

But they sould fix it in new security patch... Its their responsibility to fix this bugs with new update or without update or with security update 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

But they sould fix it in new security patch... Its their responsibility to fix this bugs with new update or without update or with security update 

I don't see how it is their responsibility to fix a bug that made it into the final update for a device.  No device is 100% bug free.  Apps can introduce bugs unforseen by the Dev team.  The device is already almost 2 Android versions out of date with beta 3 of Android 14 already available for some devices testing programs.