Question

Android 12 update on S21 failing

• 29 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

My S21 Ultra keeps showing that my Android 12 update is ready to install. So far, it’s tried at least 8 times over the last several days. I keep getting the message “Failed to update software - Update failed. Your device will recover the original configuration” after it reboots to install. It has 400 GB of storage, 10 GB of memory available, and had it plugged in so I’m not positive why it keeps failing. I’m not running any custom launchers or a VPN. I don’t have 5G at home, and 4G is pretty much non-existent.

Any ideas why this is happening? I thought I’d throw it out to the community before I get stuck calling someone that will transfer me 10 times.

2 replies

Badge

You are lucky. The update screwed my phone up. Vibration on notifications no longer work. I have been having issues with Chat is Message. Other people have been reporting much more serious issues. No one has been able to help, even Tmobile tech support. 

This update 12 has so many issues. I keep getting failures when sending text messages, incoming calls get a number not in service message, when it doesn’t even ring on my phone. Browser scrolling is sluggish, Stay away from it.