Solved

Android 13 Pixel 6a

Badge

Have any other Pixel users received the Android 13 update that came out yesterday. I have a Pixel 6a and haven’t been able to update yet. I mentioned in another post that T-mobile doesn’t seem to recognize my phone, so I am curious if that is part of the issue or if T-mobile is just slow rolling Android 13 out to other pixels too. 

icon

Best answer by gramps28 16 August 2022, 20:40

View original

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Updates are staggered to prevent critical bugs that can potentially be missed making it into final updates.  With Android 13, you can’t rollback to Android 12 thanks to Google implementing an anti-rollback in the Android 13 bootloader.  Be thankful you don’t have it yet.  The update will slowly make its way to devices over the next few weeks with a full rollout to follow.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

My Pixel 4XL received it yesterday and as of now my Pixel 6 hasn’t.

I agree that staggered OS releases are the best way to do it to catch potential issues and prevent problems in the long run.

🤗

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

especially after 12s issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I also read that the 6 series will come out at a later date and have extra features.

My Pixel 6 has not received it yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Either has mine. I did at one time run the 13 beta on my 4XL so I’m really don’t care when I get it.

Pixel 6 Pro and no update. Called T-Mobile and they didn't understand either. This is stock android and this is the flagship. Wondering if TMobile is capping it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Pixel 6 Pro and no update. Called T-Mobile and they didn't understand either. This is stock android and this is the flagship. Wondering if TMobile is capping it. 

Google staggers the rollout of all major updates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

read above..every update out there is kicked out in stages. usually takes roughly a weekish + to finally get out to everyone..

well unless issues were found..then it would be halted until they figured out what happened.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The 6 line is supposed to get added features on 13 that the other lines won’t have which may be the reason for the delay.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

My 6 just received the Android 13 upgrade after a couple of Android updates from the Play store.

Badge

My 6 just received the Android 13 upgrade after a couple of Android updates from the Play store.

Mine updated to 13 on Friday! Yay! So far, so good. Although the fingerprint reader went a bit wonky after swimming. Seems to be back today.

I have a pixel 6 and I got the update yesterday around 10:00 p.m. so far so good I like couple features so maybe you guys get later today

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Mine updated to 13 on Friday! Yay! So far, so good. Although the fingerprint reader went a bit wonky after swimming. Seems to be back today.

if you tried it right after swimming for a while it could be that your fingers got a bit water logged and made your print look different enough that it didnt recognize it. heard of the same thing happening after a long shower/bath or washing dishes.

I got the update last night everything was working normal but today I decide to record a video and right after 4 minutes of recording the video stops the phone stopped recording and come out with a message phone is too hot to keep recording and yeah the back of the phone was hot but the frame itself around it was even harder I never had the issue before with that pixel 6 check the updates and the camera and the Western update for the camera I did the update I let the phone call down and try to record again and I can only record for like 3 minutes and the same message appear your phone has to stop recording because the phone is too hot to keep recording you want to take a picture it takes a picture but if you need a flashlight or you need the flashlight and that's some work because it's too hot so I think we're going to keep discovering more issues with the update

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

does it only heat up if you are using the flashlight or only when recording a video? do you notice it heating up during any other usage? messing with games etc?

i know battery life usually tanks a bit after a large OS update while the phone settles but you might end up having to perform a FR to try and get that update set in fully. repeated over heating is bad on the phone after a while..if it isnt heating up any other times you use the phone keep using it for a while to see if things level out..if they dont take a few steps back and punt with a factory reset. cant exactly make things worse.

Userlevel 1
Badge

According to T-Mobile they haven't even started testing android 13 yet. So no devices would have it right now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

According to T-Mobile they haven't even started testing android 13 yet. So no devices would have it right now.

That should tell you how much testing T-Mobile actually does.  The device manufacturer pushes the updates after testing then and compiling them.  Pixel 6's have Android 13 already and it will start rolling out to other more recently released devices soon.  

My 6a updated to 13 last week... waiting for the September update.

Userlevel 1
Badge

That should tell you how much testing T-Mobile actually does.  The device manufacturer pushes the updates after testing then and compiling them.  Pixel 6's have Android 13 already and it will start rolling out to other more recently released devices soon.  

We know pixels directly from Google have android 13. But nothing that can verify that T-Mobile variants have it.

I just got this phone from T-Mobile two weeks ago, now it's updated to September's patch. I didn't get it from Google.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

We know pixels directly from Google have android 13. But nothing that can verify that T-Mobile variants have it.

I have a Pixel 4XL and 6 from T-Mobile and both are on Android 13.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I just got this phone from T-Mobile two weeks ago, now it's updated to September's patch. I didn't get it from Google.

Unless you sideloaded the update, it came from Google.