Question

Android 14 Update for Samsung Devices

• 19 October 2023
  • 39 replies

Show first post

39 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There's only 8 betas for s23 ultra N.America from what I'm seeing legitimately everywhere and multiple people are providing proof that the release on other networks is out. Not for t mobile though.

Let me show you why those people are wrong! 

Now, like I said before as an official beta tester for Ssung.  The final release, which is North America's beta 9, was only released to EU models (918B) in select countries. 

U, U1, and W models do not have a final update yet!  There are a few issues that are being worked on and will be fixed in the final release, which is expected to be this upcoming week, if there isn't any other reasons to delay it.  

T mobile plays too much as it is. Samsung too....

For instance I have Samsung A14 5G, Samsung has released Android 14 to these phones only in a few areas. The firmware version for this phone is A146BXXU2CWK9 with November security update. There is no reports yet of release to North America. The India version is available for download on samfw.com right now, 850 downloads so far.

Cheers

3Fees

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Carriers have very little to contribute to any devices firmware outside of carrier aggregation settings, APN settings, and bloatware.  The only reason the final release has not been pushed to any US or Canadian model, is because of the issues Samsung is working on.  When it is ready, Samsung will push the update to us official beta members first, then it will start to rollout for everyone else a day or so later.

I know I'm just impatient... waiting on that s24 ultra but all they showing is the zfold lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I am also.  That's why I enjoy beta testing. 

The s24 Ultra is coming along nicely.  There are leaks on YouTube showing off some solid details.  It should be out during the last 2 weeks.of January 2024.  Pre-order early enough and you might get your device a week or more before the official launch date like I did with my s23 Ultra.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

For instance I have Samsung A14 5G, Samsung has released Android 14 to these phones only in a few areas. The firmware version for this phone is A146BXXU2CWK9 with November security update. There is no reports yet of release to North America. The India version is available for download on samfw.com right now, 850 downloads so far.

Cheers

3Fees

correct. pretty much all updates are pushed to Europe before it ever hits the U.S here.

For some probably a good thing, I read a post that someone had bought an Samsung S22 at first release for $2,000, installed the Android 14 update and it disabled the phone, since the phone was over 1yr old was told he had to pay $400 to get the phone back on track.

Cheers

3Fees

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

eh..mass majority of devices created are made in Vietnam, Korea etc..main reason why they get releases first..that plus more work goes into the U.S variants compared to what gets kicked out to other countries..

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

My s23 Ultra got the official update a while ago.  We are on the third update since the official release of Android 14.

For my phone not quite yet even though its one of the top selling phones and widely held.

Cheers

3Fees

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

For my phone not quite yet even though its one of the top selling phones and widely held.

Cheers

3Fees

Top selling isn't always important when it comes to an update schedule.  It's usually the newest latest and greatest flagship and then work your way backwards.

Humm , Interesting.

Cheers

3Fees

Good question. I still haven't gotten the update. Yet those on xfinity mobile has, like do you realize how pathetic xfinity is? 

It's frustrating when updates are delayed. Discrepancies in rollout can be frustrating. Hopefully, your update arrives soon. Patience is key!