Solved

Anti-virus App?

• 18 July 2019
  • 6 replies

A while back, I was using a security/antivirus app provided free of charge by TMobile. To the best of my knowledge, it was available for installation/use on all my lines on my account.

I've found references to Lookout Mobile Security, but that is not the software I'm referring to. If I recall correctly, it was either a McAfee product or a Symantec product. Any idea regarding what I'm referring to?

Thank you for any help!

icon

Best answer by snn555 19 July 2019, 21:56

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It's been Lookout for as long as I can remember but you needed to have a certain plan or insurance

/Jump add on to your plan to get it free.

Userlevel 5

T-Mobile uses McAfee mobile security. The version for T-Mobile is branded with T-Mobile's name along with McAfee. You can still find it in the Google play Store and while it is free there is another version that is full featured for customers who have a protection 360 feature on their account.  That is also included with jump on demand.

Okay so the free one is branded with T-Mobiles name. What is the one with protection 360 feature called. 

I have protection 360, but only the free McAfee, how do I update or upgrade?

I was told today that T-Mobile has a build in anti-virus and we don’t need to use a anti-virus app.  Is this true?

Does T-Mobile have any adware spyware security if so which ones is the best