Anyone get Gear S3 to sync fully?

• 26 September 2017
  • 6 replies

Anyone else having problems getting all the features to work together with their Gear S3?  Seems like I have two options with my Gear S3 / S8 combo using the "paired with Digits data". 

Option 1: I can set everything up in a normal, intuitive fashion and it all works perfect while connected to the S8 via bluetooth (with the LTE always on).  But if I go out of range of my phone (like, for a run) then any text messages that I received since the last time it was standalone are sent to the watch again.  It's sort of irritating when I'm in the office and walk into someone else's office to chat for a minute and then get a bunch of text messages I had already gotten.

Option 2: Use the watch full time in standalone mode.  But then I lose out on push notifications from other apps, like my Nest cam or Outlook calendar.  Plus, the S-Health data isn't sync'd over the mobile network, so I would lose out on this too. 

Does anybody know if there is a way to get the best of both worlds?  Or am I missing something in my current setup that would allow these pieces to work together a little nicer??

Thank you.

6 replies

Userlevel 6

Hiya, @sharper4​! Standalone is definitely the recommended method, although I do understand why losing out on those push notifications would be less than desirable. For the time being, switching back and forth seems to be the way to go so that you can take advantage of the normal set-up when you like. I don't know of a way to avoid the sync at this time -- going to tab @debjitjdv here in case he may?

- Marissa

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hey there!

Just stopping by to see if you took a look at Marissa's suggestion. Please let us know how things are going. Thanks!

I just got my Samsung gear s3 frontier via ups, the girl at tmobile on the phone said that this is the best smartwatch there is, only I CAN'T get it to sync with my android Samsung galaxy 8 edge plus. why spend all this monry or even finance it through tmobile if their own techs don't even know how to install apps or the internet. the techs kept telling me to look for an app called "GET MORE APPS". my smartwatch doesn't show this, it only shows galaxy apps, which doesn't HELP! Who can HELP me, because certainly tmobile doesn't have a clue. they just want our money!!!!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Oh man this is a pain @magenta3945899 . Getting the device to connect is the most important thing and I do wanna get you some help with this. Have you already tried the steps on our First-time use: Samsung Gear S3 frontier  page for connecting to a smartphone?

I got rid of my Samsung gear s3 frontier smartwatch, it wouldn't sync even

after being activated by T-Mobile. Sent it back for a return and refund.

yes i am also looking for this product can any one able to suggest me the right solution bcz its pretty difficult to for me to find the right path bcz i have no experience about it before you can see the more details about it here on underwear so may be you can understand.