Question

App Manager unsafe?

• 7 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Got notification this app may be harmful, anyone else having problems with it?  Tried to ask through the T-Mobile app but it crashes when I tried to upload the screenshot but that's something for a topic of its own...

5 replies

McAfee shows me same message. What is next step? Remove or don’t remove this “AppManager”?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I never got a response from T-Mobile customer service or technical service.  Was told it was being escalated and to give them 72 hours to respond.  Never heard back.  I deleted the app, notification stopped and phone still seems to be working ok so far.  Ivan only suggest go through then first to see if you get better response.  Plus the only way I can think to reinstall is with a hard reset.  Don't want to do that again.  Some data did not save or transfer in restore process and don't want to go through that again.  Hope you have better luck with it.  What phone are you having this problems with?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

You should be fine using any T-Mobile supported app that’s compatible with your device. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to get it to work if you’re having issues with it. You’ll also want to make sure you have a solid data connection for it to work properly. As a last resort, are Tech Care team can escalate this issue for you.

Userlevel 2
Badge

It appears the app can be uninstalled but reloading is a different story.  It's not available in the Play Store, it's an app that came installed on the phone.  Will there be issues if removed?  

Thanks for responding.

Samsung S21.