Solved

AT&T "Knock" Notification Sound

• 18 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge

I just switched back to TMO from ATT. While going through all the transfer stuff I noticed that the S20 FE does not offer the "Knock Knock" notification sound that I used on my ATT S9.

1. Are notification sounds carrier specific or device specific?

2. Is their a way to import the knock sound while I still have the ATT S9?

3. Or is there an App with custom sounds?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by drnewcomb 18 October 2020, 17:07

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Sometimes OEM’s update or change the sounds most commonly used on their devices.  I don’t have a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G.  Since you still have the old device.  Connect it to your PC, open the internal storage, go into Notifications, and copy the sound file out on to your PC.  You can then copy it to your new device in the same way, by placing the sound file in the Notifications folder on the S20 FE 5G.  Then you should be able to select it in the Samsung Messaging app or in the Notification settings.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You can download just about any sound file and use it as a notification sound. I downloaded a submarine dive Klaxon sound file from Wikipedia and use it as a ring tone for the alarm monitoring service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You can download just about any sound file and use it as a notification sound. I downloaded a submarine dive Klaxon sound file from Wikipedia and use it as a ring tone for the alarm monitoring service.

I still use the Techno Bird sound from the days of the Sidekicks.  :D  

Badge

It worked! Thank you Syaoran!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I use to have Jen Titus's version of Oh Death as a ringtone I assigned to my old workplace.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I use to have Jen Titus's version of Oh Death as a ringtone I assigned to my old workplace.

Jaws theme song for the x wife lol

*shrug*