Solved

Blocking Unknown Callers from calling OR leaving voicemail

• 23 April 2022
  • 21 replies

Badge

I have never accepted any phone calls from people who have their Caller ID off.  The ones who block Caller ID from showing those they call, any names or phone number of the caller.   However, they can still leave voicemail.  I just want to read or listen to voice mail from those I know.  Is there a way to block unknown callers from leaving voicemail??   I already tried Robokiller, Spam Shield and Call Control.   Any help??

icon

Best answer by sammypresley 4 May 2022, 19:59

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

IIRC you cannot block those unknown numbers from leaving voicemail

Badge

> IIRC you cannot block those unknown numbers from leaving voicemail

I guess my choices is either to disconnect my voicemail so nobody can leave voicemail OR change my phone number.   I will think about this.  Thanks for your response. 

Badge +1

**67*18445865686# entered into phone dialer sets blocked numbers internally or from 3rd party apps to disallow then from leaving voicemails trust me I use this on my phone.

Don't know why TMobile doesn't make the above **67*1+ac+number# thing more visible so more people can reject blocked calls from going to voicemail.

Also goto call blocking settings and turn on block unknown numbers. But remember this setting doesn't block non contact numbers which you need to manually block.

Hope this helps you all out

Badge

**67*18445865686# entered into phone dialer sets blocked numbers internally or from 3rd party apps to disallow then from leaving voicemails trust me I use this on my phone.

Don't know why TMobile doesn't make the above **67*1+ac+number# thing more visible so more people can reject blocked calls from going to voicemail.

Also goto call blocking settings and turn on block unknown numbers. But remember this setting doesn't block non contact numbers which you need to manually block.

Does that code block ALL unknown numbers??  I will try it!  Thanks!!

Badge +1

the **67* thing just sets up your account to block blocked calls from leaving voicemails by setting call forward when busy to the new number I posted after the **67*.

You need to try out 3rd party call blocking apps from play store to see which app blocks unknown nnumber meaning if you find one on play store that does what you need then those blocked numbers will be sent to the new non voicemail number.

Badge

the **67* thing just sets up your account to block blocked calls from leaving voicemails by setting call forward when busy to the new number I posted after the **67*.

You need to try out 3rd party call blocking apps from play store to see which app blocks unknown numbers

I have tried several and all they do is block their phone calls but sends them to voicemail.  I don’t want unknown callers to leave voicemails.  That is what I am after.  If you have suggestions on this, I would appreciate it. 

Badge +1

You need to find a 3rd app that blocks all unknown numbers.

The **67* thing with number I posted only sets account call forwarding when busy to block any internal reject list oe 3rd party app blocked numbers from leaving voicemails. If 3rd party app has a unknown number block then they will be blocked by the app it self.

Let me know if you found a app that blocks unknown numbers .

Badge +1

by the way max unknown numbers according to Android aren't numbers block able bya 3rd party app that bcan block non contact numbers

Badge +1

By the way when using this code sometimes you may get encounter a error and if you get the error then reboot your device and enter the **67* with full number I posted followed by # in your dialer..

The errors are a problem with Tmobiles service off and on but I've found doing this off and on it goes thru and gets set up.

Badge

By the way when using this code sometimes you may get encounter a error and if you get the error then reboot your device and enter the **67* with full number I posted followed by # in your dialer..

The errors are a problem with Tmobiles service off and on but I've found doing this off and on it goes thru and gets set up.

Like I said, they block them from CALLING but NOT from leaving VOICEMAIL. 

Badge

by the way max unknown numbers according to Android aren't numbers block able bya 3rd party app that bcan block non contact numbers

Like I said, they block them from CALLING but NOT from leaving VOICEMAIL.   I want to stop them from leaving Voicemail.  I have a couple of people harassing me that leave voicemail I don’t want to hear.  I already have them blocked from CALLING.  Do I need to disengage voicemail too so nobody can leave me voicemail?

Badge +1

The code I posted above works for numbers blocked and I have unknown numbers blocked on my device and never ever got a call from a unknown number

Badge +1

Max can you mail me at sammypresley@gmail.com so you can post me your cell number then I can call you to talk to you about this?

Badge

Max can you mail me at sammypresley@gmail.com so you can post me your cell number then I can call you to talk to you about this?

I will right now.  Thanks!!

I can’t get the code to work.  I’m in the UK.  I dialled **67*[number]#

where [number] is a FULL landline number including the area code, starting 012.  Should I be using an international one?  Start with 44?  Omit the 0?  When I do it as above I get “Call forwarding when busy for all basic services.  connection problem or invalid MMI code.”

Solved - **67* is for Iphone.  *67* for Android.

How do you turn off that feature? 

Definitely need to know how to turn off feature?! Number Barn doesn't have my information. Almost like the **67* is a back door entrance into the feature. States that barndoor is in control but no reference on barndoor website. Phone is finicky now i.e. dropped calls, sent messages duplicated and  tripled, missed calls, unavailable almost like airplane mode is turned on when it's verified not to be. T-Mobile is no help for this issue. Regret dialing the number now. Had a female that was harassing family, blocked her number and she was able to leave VM. Was at wits end and frustrated, now its even more frustrating lol. Send help please 

Definitely need to know how to turn off feature?! Number Barn doesn't have my information. Almost like the **67* is a back door entrance into the feature. States that barndoor is in control but no reference on barndoor website. Phone is finicky now i.e. dropped calls, sent messages duplicated and  tripled, missed calls, unavailable almost like airplane mode is turned on when it's verified not to be. T-Mobile is no help for this issue. Regret dialing the number now. Had a female that was harassing family, blocked her number and she was able to leave VM. Was at wits end and frustrated, now its even more frustrating lol. Send help please 

I got you. I'm not sure yet how to turn it off but what did was entered the code again using tmobile voicemail number. I haven't had any problems since doing that. I was having the same problems you experienced. I can't find how to turn it off anywhere though. Hope that helps.

If anyone comes across this it seems that ##67# is the way to undo this

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/self-service-short-codes

After I did that I didn’t get a message about NumberBarn when dialing my voice mail.

If anyone comes across this it seems that ##67# is the way to undo this

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/self-service-short-codes

After I did that I didn’t get a message about NumberBarn when dialing my voice mail.

I found it to be *#67#  although iPhone codes are slightly different.