Question

bug report

• 15 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have the OnePlus 9 T-Mobile variant upgraded to Android 12. I've noticed a few bugs after the update.

1. The new messaging app displays text in the wrong order and shows incorrect dates text are received and/or sent.

2. Incorrect processor 888 snapdragon is correct. But is showing 855 snapdragon.

3. Low volume/muffled calls. I've checked with a few other phones, no issues. Seems to to only be affected by the OnePlus 9 T-Mobile variant.

7 replies

I'm not experiencing the mislabeled processor, but I am experiencing…

*Broken call redirection (can't use Google Voice)

*Permissions mismatch. If you deny an app the “Nearby Devices" permission, then later change your mind and grant the permission; if you completely uninstall and reinstall the application, it won't be able to use Bluetooth.

*Still no explanation on what the T-Mobile Device Manager application is, why it has almost EVERY permission an app can have, or why I can't disable it. There's other carrier/manufacturer apps that have excessive permissions with no explanation, but this one is especially obnoxious because if you remove the permissions, it gets them back.

Userlevel 1
Badge

*Permissions mismatch. If you deny an app the “Nearby Devices" permission, then later change your mind and grant the permission; if you completely uninstall and reinstall the application, it won't be able to use Bluetooth.

*Still no explanation on what the T-Mobile Device Manager application is, why it has almost EVERY permission an app can have, or why I can't disable it. There's other carrier/manufacturer apps that have excessive permissions with no explanation, but this one is especially obnoxious because if you remove the permissions, it gets them back.

I'm not sure what device manager is either. As for Google. The assistant feature for me pops randomly. It really feels like Android 12 was a huge flop. Not just for T-Mobile users, but for Android users as a whole.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I'm not sure what device manager is either. As for Google. The assistant feature for me pops randomly. It really feels like Android 12 was a huge flop. Not just for T-Mobile users, but for Android users as a whole.

yup...i dont think i have came across any devices receiving 12 that havent had a nice handful of issues. a few of them cant even use data unless you shut down certain bands of LTE..which its safe to say should NOT need to happen..that update was yanked until its figured out.

I'm having issues with constantly having to turn off notifications. I do it at least twice a day for all my apps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

yup...i dont think i have came across any devices receiving 12 that havent had a nice handful of issues. a few of them cant even use data unless you shut down certain bands of LTE..which its safe to say should NOT need to happen..that update was yanked until its figured out.

I stand corrected..I ended up receiving 12 on my V60 and knock on wood I have yet to run into any glaring issues like many other OEMs have.

My wife has a OnePlus phone and is experiencing the same problems every has outlined here. Horrible update T-Mobile! Really need to get a new one out and actually QA the damn thing this time!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

carriers dont make the updates..the manufacturers do..the carriers test to make sure it isnt going to bork up how it handles the network…. which they should be doing more testing on for sure..especially since 12 was such a nightmare for so many manufacturers.