Solved

Call forwarding issue

I am not able to forward calls on my galaxy note 9, which I believe after a software update. Whenever I go to call settings>supplementary services, I get an error"Failed to read data. Something went wrong. Check your sim card or network connection and try again."

Does anyone having the same issue?

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 18 June 2019, 00:32

View original

23 replies

I faced the same issue, still facing that, no solution yet.

Disconnect from WiFi and try again. Call forwarding doesn't work over WiFi Calling.

Userlevel 4

Hey folks! Any luck after turning off WiFi?

I reported this issue since March engineering does not know what is happening. I tested more than 10 phones they replaced more than 7 times the sim card issue still happening.

Userlevel 4

Hey @apuboricua 

Sorry to hear you have also been having this issue 😥 Do you have a postpaid or prepaid account with us?

OMG...i have literally been going bat sh*t crazy from this same exact problem on BOTH of my Samsung S9+ phones. NOBODY at T-Mobile is able to figure it out and all they do is apologize and "understand my frustration". Both of my devices are paid off and unlocked. I also have an AT&T account, when I take my at&t sim and insert it into my T-Mobile Samsung S9+ "supplementary services" works perfectly. Only when I am on T-Mobile 4G LTE does this occur. The only way I am able to access supplementary services with my T-Mobile sim inserted is first I have to manually change my network mode under connections to "3G/2G" which puts it on regular 4G. This problem has been occurring for about 3 weeks now but my device has been paid off for over 5 months and the only solution T-Mobile offers is that I should upgrade. Changed my sim card 3 times, factory reset my phones and it all did no good. I have a business account. Ironically out of 4 lines, 2 are S9+ which have the same issue, the other 2 Samsungs are a J7 Star and an A6 which do not have issues (entry-level devices). Gee, what a surprise my flagship devices are paid off and they're encountering problems. So sick of this gimmick network. smh

Postpaid, is a national issue, I have been with engineering but nothing fix the issue.

I just tried on my phone. Turned off WiFi. Tried 2G, 3G, LTE. Nothing worked.

So here's the thing, under normal operation. When you access supplementary services, the data moniker in your notification bar is supposed to step down from 4G-LTE to regular 4G. This recent problem inhibits the Samsung from down stepping from LTE to 4G. That's when the device times-out and gives the error message. With that said, I decided to go to SETTINGS>CONNECTIONS>MOBILE NETWORKS and switched to "3G/2G (auto connect)" which manually brought it down to regular 4G. I then went back into my phone dialer keypad and went into settings, tapped on "supplementary settings" and it was able to access and load the information. This is NOT a fix, but more of an observation I made in order to jerry-rig my phone to work.

As you can see switching down to regular 4G allows the Samsung S9+ to load "supplementary settings"

I think the issue is link to digits if you ever used them. But don't know there is no one with the experience to deal with this.

Userlevel 4

Hey folks, I am not seeing this as a known issue at this time. Please give our folks over the phone a call so we can gather some examples of this and get an engineering ticket open.

Funny you should mention digits, my other S9+ used to have a Samsung Galaxy smartwatch with a Digits line associated to it until we disconnected the service to the smartwatch. Now when someone calls aforementioned S9+, they get a "the subscriber you have reached is not in service" message followed by the call going through. T-Mobile technical support claims the Digits number was successfully unpaired with the S9+ number upon deactivation of the Digits line.

I have already had tech support submit multiple trouble tickets, reexplained the issue to a dozen "experts" and multiple tickets to the engineering department, they claim they haven't heard of such a thing and that everything including provisioning checks out on my lines. Factory reset, 3 sim card swaps later and still waiting for a fix.

i have more than 10 tickets and more than 4 open it just does not makes sense

For what good it will do I just got off the phone with Alvin in Tech Support.

I find it odd that when I insert my at&t sim card into my T-Mobile S9+, supplementary services works as intended. As I mentioned before I changed my t-mo sim a few times already so that's obviously not the problem. My phone never did this before a month ago. Since I'm legit unlocked already, I wonder if I flash the USA carrier-unbranded stock firmware for my S9+ if it will still have the same issue.

In my case, I'm using a Moto G7 Power and the hash code "*#61#" fails. No supplementary services involved. The network doesn't recognize the MMI.

Userlevel 4

This is definitely something on the network side folks. I am not seeing any apparent known issues on this so if you have a service ticket opened with our experts over the phone, that is going to be the best course of action for getting this resolved.

I am having the same issue on my Note 9 - has anyone heard of a fix?

As you can see switching down to regular 4G allows the Samsung S9+ to load "supplementary settings"

This worked for me.

After getting to this point I was able to update the forwarding numbers by turning wifi back on before making changes.