Solved

Camera filters (snapchat ones) are broken after update

Hey,

I just tried to activate the Snapchat filters on the camera app, the built in ones, the camera app crashes. I just noticed this. This is a pain. I wanted to use them but it broke. I dont know if anyone else is experiencing this but it is annoying.

icon

Best answer by mweinbach 10 May 2017, 20:29

No, I had to factory reset my phone with Smart Switch. It sucked. And it wasn't snapchat, it was those filters built into the camera app. I was using that as a way to describe it.

View original

6 replies

If there is anyone that uses the Snapchat filters (sometimes a little too much), it's me! Is this still going on? If so, have you tried uninstalling the app then reinstalling it? Also, did the filters just randomly stop working or did it start acting up after an update to the app?

Userlevel 6

Heya, @mweinbach​! We just wanted to check in and see if you've been able to get your Snapchat filters working again. Did an uninstall/reinstall work in your favor?

- Marissa

No, I had to factory reset my phone with Smart Switch. It sucked. And it wasn't snapchat, it was those filters built into the camera app. I was using that as a way to describe it.

Userlevel 6

Yikes! You're right, factory resets are not easy. I'm so sorry we misunderstood your reference! Rereading your post after that explanation, now I see where you were coming from. Are your S8's built-in-filters working now (if you've been brave enough to give them another shot)? TBH the S8 animal filters look pretty rad, hope you're able to actually take advantage of them!

- Marissa

Yah. That fixed it. I didn't describe it very well. But they do work now.

Userlevel 6

Well, as much of a bummer as resetting is, it's great to know it fixed the issue. Thanks for coming back and filling us in! If someone else bumps into this I'm sure they'll be relieved to know they don't have to return their brand new phone. 😊

- Marissa