Solved

Camera not working

I wanted to know if anyone experience their rear facing camera not working. My camera all of a sudden stop working and my front face camera work but the pictures come out upside down. I did a master reset on my phone three times and my camera still isn't working. I was wondering if anyone had this problem and if so how did u fix this problem.

icon

Best answer by magentatechie 18 November 2018, 21:54

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 4

This isn't an issue we have otherwise seen. 😥

Have you been able to find a resolution?

-Lauren

No I have not.  They suggest I turn the phone into the manufacturing company to get it fix but this is my only phone. I cant go weeks without. And they wont give me a phone to use while this one is getting fix.  Which sucks.

Userlevel 4

Hmm, does your device not have a warranty through us?

Have you spoken to your store about the possibility of a loaner? They may be able to assist if you are going through a formal warranty process.

-Lauren

Mine started not working. The front facing camera wdnt open any time i clicked the icon it just kept closing. Now not only is it my front facing its the entire thing. I clock on the camera icon and it just closes out saying "camera not working reopen app". Then it closes again.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I'm sorry about your camera! What kind of phone are you using? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps yet? (Clearing cache and data from camera app, using different camera app, factory reset)?

I've been complaining about my flashlight and camera and stop working for over two months now. Also I've been complaining about it my phone overheating and not charging appropriately...I've been told that they haven't had any kind of complaints like this at all. come to find out there's a recall on the rebel to about the battery come to find out there's a recall on the revvl 2. And online there's a bunch of people complaining about the camera and the battery. Also I'm told since I didn't buy the insurance they can't help me at all. I am disabled and limited income. It's not right!!

I've been complaining about my flashlight and camera and stop working for over two months now. Also I've been complaining about it my phone overheating and not charging appropriately...I've been told that they haven't had any kind of complaints like this at all. come to find out there's a recall on the rebel to about the battery come to find out there's a recall on the revvl 2. And online there's a bunch of people complaining about the camera and the battery. Also I'm told since I didn't buy the insurance they can't help me at all. I am disabled and limited income. It's not right!!

I have same problem like you but I do have the insurance and I pay it in 3 years. Now I have this problem and they said they do not cover it :) they ask to pay more than $200 to exchange the other one.

Badge

Mine started not working. The front facing camera wdnt open any time i clicked the icon it just kept closing. Now not only is it my front facing its the entire thing. I clock on the camera icon and it just closes out saying "camera not working reopen app". Then it closes again.

the same happens to me but it says :security policy restricts camera", i checked my settings and it wasn't restricted. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

the same happens to me but it says :security policy restricts camera", i checked my settings and it wasn't restricted. 

by chance have you cleared the cache on the camera app itself? would hate to jump to a factory reset but it might end up taking that to fix this. just make sure before you start clearing cache etc that you back up your photos just in case it somehow deletes them.

I have the Revvl 6. Bought it brand new 1 month ago and the camera (front and back) are not working as of about 2-3 weeks ago. All I see is a black screen when I open my camera app. And I've reset the camera settings several times and did the software update. Pretty much did everything I could think of short of a total factory reset or taking the phone back to the store I bought it from. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

at this point the FR will be the last ditch effort. did you by chance download any apps around  that time that might be conflicting with the camera?