Solved

Can I change the snooze time on the alarm?

• 22 May 2015
  • 4 replies

The built-in alarm function only allows 5 minutes for snooze. I'd like to change it to 10 minutes, but there doesn't appear to be a way to change it. The S4 allowed the owner to change the number of minutes for snooze.

Suggestions?

icon

Best answer by yvonnea 6 June 2015, 20:41

The information from smplyunprdctble is incorrect. The Correct Answer tag should be removed so no one else relies on this incorrect information.

There is no option within the individual alarm (nor in global options), that allows changing the snooze duration. I discussed it in a live chat with Samsung support and they advised me that there currently is no option to change the snooze duration. The rep said that the issue would be addressed in a future software upgrade but declined to say when that might happen. I have the chat transcript if you want it posted.

My solution was to purchase Alarm Clock Xtreme & Timer for $1.99 from the Google Play Store. It allows for the snooze duration to be customized to whatever interval the user desires via a slider. The snooze "button" is also nice and large so the alarm doesn't get accidentally dismissed when a sleepy user taps the wrong button!

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6

according to http://recomhub.com/blog/how-to-set-edit-and-delete-alarm-clock-on-galaxy-s6-and-galaxy-s6-edge/ it should be in the options of the Alarm's settings (not global, but associated with the individual alarm that is set)

Hi @yvonnea!

Great question! Did the information @smplyunprdctble provide help you? Let us know if you need further assistance!

The information from smplyunprdctble is incorrect. The Correct Answer tag should be removed so no one else relies on this incorrect information.

There is no option within the individual alarm (nor in global options), that allows changing the snooze duration. I discussed it in a live chat with Samsung support and they advised me that there currently is no option to change the snooze duration. The rep said that the issue would be addressed in a future software upgrade but declined to say when that might happen. I have the chat transcript if you want it posted.

My solution was to purchase Alarm Clock Xtreme & Timer for $1.99 from the Google Play Store. It allows for the snooze duration to be customized to whatever interval the user desires via a slider. The snooze "button" is also nice and large so the alarm doesn't get accidentally dismissed when a sleepy user taps the wrong button!

Hi @yvonnea

We're very pleased to know that Samsung's support staff were able to answer your question, and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to share that solution here on the forums!