Solved

Can I trade in unlocked T-mobile samsung S9

• 11 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

Can I trade in my unlocked T-Mobile phone Samsung S9 for any retail store ?

icon

Best answer by sweetpeach 11 September 2020, 23:02

Actually, that’s still a branded phone that has been carrier unlocked. However, Samsung usually won’t care that the phone is branded (they can unlock it themselves). I just traded-in my Note 10+ 5G with Samsung and that went very smoothly! Samsung just wanted the phone factory reset, working well, undamaged, and NOT blacklisted (paid off).

I was instructed to send my phone via FedEx with Samsung providing the shipping label. Then when I talked to FedEx, they offered to pick it up at our house so that was really nice!

With trade-ins, I ALWAYS advise people to follow directions EXPLICITLY!

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Could you be more specific about the deal you are trying to access? And whether you mean to take your phone to a store to trade it in? It would ALWAYS be a good idea to call that store directly and speak to a customer service rep about what you are trying to do. By the way, don’t forget to get a receipt for the phone if you do take it to the store. :wink:

Badge

Okay, am trying to get the deal from Samsung store to Trade in my Samsung S9 (Unlocked by Unlock T-Mobile app)

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Actually, that’s still a branded phone that has been carrier unlocked. However, Samsung usually won’t care that the phone is branded (they can unlock it themselves). I just traded-in my Note 10+ 5G with Samsung and that went very smoothly! Samsung just wanted the phone factory reset, working well, undamaged, and NOT blacklisted (paid off).

I was instructed to send my phone via FedEx with Samsung providing the shipping label. Then when I talked to FedEx, they offered to pick it up at our house so that was really nice!

With trade-ins, I ALWAYS advise people to follow directions EXPLICITLY!

Badge

Thanks a lot for the reply, your answer is so helpful. :grinning:

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Really glad I could help. Good luck! :smile: