Solved

Cannot forward unanswered calls to Google voicemail

• 2 August 2017
  • 5 replies

I am trying to use my Google Voicemail with my Galaxy S8. I do the **004* and it sets up the conditional call forwarding and when I check the forwarding in setting it sets up "busy" and "unreachable" but it will not set up unanswered. I  have tried to set up the unanswered forwarding in setting but I get the error "sim or network error has occurred". Is this something that can be fixed. I am a post paid customer and have been for years and Google Voicemail works except for unanswered calls which is what I need it to do the most. Any help would be great. Thanks

icon

Best answer by kevinb821 7 August 2017, 17:29

I call tmobile and the representative put the settings right in

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6

Hey, @kevinb821​! Since Google Voice/Voicemail are third party services, our support options are limited. But I'd like to at least give this a shot in case you're still looking for an answer! I want to make sure I understand this correctly -- you're wanting to forward your T-Mobile calls to Google Voicemail when you've got unconditional call forwarding set up, right? Is this something you were able to do with previous devices, but just isn't working on the S8? If that's the case, is the S8 the first Nougat device you've used? I'm wondering if there's some kind of change with Android's new OS and the way it plays with GVM.
Do these steps help at all: Send all calls to voicemail - Google Voice Help​?

- Marissa

It has been fixed thank you

Userlevel 6

That's awesome news, thanks for letting us know! Did it start working on its own, or did you find a settings tweak that solved it? If you've got a minute to share, we'd love to know how you got it up and running in case any other users happen upon this thread with the same concern!

I call tmobile and the representative put the settings right in

Userlevel 6

Well, heck yeah! I'm sorry that it wasn't working out through the short code, but I'm glad we were able to get it fixed for you. 😊

- Marissa