Solved

Cannot use mobile hotspot for Galaxy Note 4 when oversea!

• 26 February 2018
  • 7 replies

Please help, I cannot use mobile hotspot on my note 4 in Australia using local sim card.

Thanks

Henry

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 2 March 2018, 18:08

So if your Vodafhone account allows for tethering, you should be able to do so if the phone is set up with the correct Vodafhone APNs. Even though you are out of the US, if you are not using a T-Mobile SIM we are not going to block you from using the devices features. If the problem persists, please contact Vodafhone and see if they have specific settings to allow phones not sold by them to work with all of their features such as mobile hotspot.

View original

7 replies

Read the fine print way down at the bottom:International roaming services

"No tethering."

Thanks for your reply, I do not use T Mobile sim though, use a local carrier sim, Vodafone.

Sorry, I read you post as "Can't tether so I got a local SIM."  Not sure about the Note 4 but I think T-Mobile disables the native WiFi tethering capability on their phones and replaces it with the T-Mobile hotspot. The T-Mobile app probably doesn't take into account the use of a foreign SIM. Are you trying to use the T-Mobile app? Did you look for a tethering menu in the settings? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Does the plan you have allow for tethering? Maybe Vodafone turned off this kind of functionality.

T mobile hotspot take over native hotspot in setting and I can't even uninstall or disable T mobile hotspot, my Vodafone SIM work well in my wife phone so for the time being we swap phone as she does not need it as much as I do.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Awe ok. I am sorry to hear that the phone is acting this way.

Userlevel 5

So if your Vodafhone account allows for tethering, you should be able to do so if the phone is set up with the correct Vodafhone APNs. Even though you are out of the US, if you are not using a T-Mobile SIM we are not going to block you from using the devices features. If the problem persists, please contact Vodafhone and see if they have specific settings to allow phones not sold by them to work with all of their features such as mobile hotspot.