Question

close by towers no letting me ping

• 22 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I live in a rural area in colorado that tmobile does not service. But if you go 10miles north they service. So I do have a Tmobile tower in my house. We are suppose to be able to ping off of Viaro tower. Since there is no 5g in our area (waist of money) I have to change my phone to 4g. Then I have to take off wifi calling if i want my phone to work for phone calls. We have 2 internet providers. My phone attempts to ping off of the Viaro tower but is rejected. so mean time my phone will not work. If i try to hook up to the tmobile tower in the house it states that its registering with tmobile for about 5min. then comes back and says unable to register try again later. I cant make for calls or text. I had to get on my laptop to try and chat with tmobile but im even unable to do that. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

First off “ping” has a specific meaning, different from the way you are using it. I assume when you say you have a “T-Mobile tower in the house” what you are talking about is a T-Mobile cellspot (femtocell) . Your situation seems very confusing. So, I will try to break it down and solve the problems one-at-a-time. It would help if I knew what phone you had. There should be no need to lock your phone into “4G” mode. When you put it into “4G” mode, is that “4G LTE” or “FauxG HSPA+”.

1. Internet: You have two ISPs? Why and what are they? Do you have two different WiFi signals in your house?
  2. WiFi Calling: What happens when you put your phone in Airplane Mode then turn WiFi back on with WiFi Calling enabled and connect to your home WiFi?
  3. Cellspot: Are all the appropriate lights green. Which ISP is it connected to?
  4. Viaero roaming: Is LTE roaming coverage shown on T-Mobile’s map of your area? What happens when you leave your house (far enough to be away from WiFi & Cellspot)?