Currently i am facing issue with my battery life it draining a lot i have to charge my phone twice a day it's draining 1% at every 5 min  i already talk to samsung service centre they said that battery is in good condition may be it has some software

Currently i am facing issue with my battery life it draining a lot i have to charge my phone twice a day it's draining 1% at every 5 min i already talk to samsung service centre they said that battery is in good condition may be it has some software issue so should i visit to nearest t mobile store for help ? They gonna help me with this issue? I am having samsung galaxy s7 edge

22 replies

Today is the last day for 2 weeks of T-Mobile Testing for 7.0, so I'd hold off for that. (Unless of course they found some issues from their software). Have you tried factory resetting?

Yes i did that twice but problem is still there even i tried safe mode too but no result how long 7.0 will take to roll out

? Does update fix my issue?

The update definitely has the potential to fix your phone, but nobody knows when it'll be released. Today is the last day for 2 week of testing, so hopefully soon.

After you did the reset,  did you try the phone without the memory card or restoring your programs for a while first? If you reset the one and put everything back right away then that does not rule out an application or bad sd data causing the problem.

Yes i don't have sd card so after reset i put everything back right away as in initial set up i have to setup google account as soon as i set up my all back restored automatically but the issue is still there

Try disabling the back up and restore when you sign in so it does not pull everything down again.  If it restores the same bad application or data,  you are right back where you left off.

Yes i did but no change here i am sending you snapshot for that that shows battery draining in last hour without any use just left my phone lock with screen off.

I have updated my s7 edge today with nougat 7 but still my problem is there still battery is draining should i replace this piece?

If the update didn't create any changes, it sort of brings into question if it's the software. That indicates it's more likely to either be a hardware issue, or an issue with apps. Of course, that's not a guarantee, but it's my guess. I would try removing any third part apps temporarily to see if the issue continues, and if not resolved, go forward towards replacement if qualified.

-Lauren

Just wanted to check in here and see if you were still having issues with your battery life. Please let us know.  

Thanks @tmo_chris for coming back but problem was there so I replaced my phone thanks for your all support thanks to everyone. ..

Oh wow, okay. Is the replacement doing okay?

Same issue why that happens?

So you are having the same issue with your replacement phone? Can you attach a screenshot of your battery usage?

U can see just 8 min and you can see the drop down it was 55 and now came up to 41

My goodness! At that rate, your phone would go from 100% - 0% in 57 minutes. Is that what you are seeing with this replacement phone? 

Yes at every 3 min of constant use it drops down at 1%

Okay, that is way too much battery usage. What applications have you installed on the phone since you received it? Was this happening the moment you pulled it out of the box or did it manifest a bit later after using it?

Just received new box yesterday just pulled out nd after setting up noticed this thing haven't installed any app

Is your Wi-Fi network a combo of 2.4 and 5Ghz? Auto switching of the 2.4 to 5 networks will drain your battery.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Wow @kaushal.12, you've done a lot of work already to figure out this battery situation. Have you taken a look at the suggestion above? It's definitely worth looking into especially considering what you've done already.

I'm getting notice on my S6 that "battery is charging too slow". Had s6 18 mo with same Samsung AC charger. Tmob tech said maybe delete cache would help, did ok for 1day then battery slow msg again. Intermittent problem 2 weeks now. Tech said new update soon WILL help. Well, maybe but not if charger wearing out. Told not to fast charge when using phone for calls, internet, etc. Ive been doing this since phone new. Have i worn the battery out faster ? Any s6 users that battery went bad yet ? Like to hear from you if you know why.

I never let phone temp get above 85 degrees as i made a fone-fan-stand 2" computer fan AC powered i always turn on when using phone heavily.. ...Thanks ! Jeff M.