Dangerously close to deaching T-Mobile

• 17 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

You had one job Tmo....and look what you have done to the Galaxy Tab S7. You lock ALL permissions to the Phone.apk comes stock with the firmware and you make sure that we can make calls on our own devices that WE paid money for. You can't even install an outside dialer and set it has default....why in the world are becoming more like Apple with this bull? It's my device...I purchased it with my money so what right so you have to do this to your customers you AND Samsung which I'm sure they their hands are in this as when you go into developer settings the selection for unlock OEM is missing. Understand that I will be protesting to make sure that ANYONE who is looking to by the lte version of this tablet won't come to tmobile. I can't believe you would do this under handedly mind you to your customer base. You will not see another upgrade, line, nothing from me anymore and I will make sure to lead them to OTHER CARRIERS WHO HAS IT UNLOCKED!!! You lock this function down which is probably why I'm having so many issues just being able to send text messages, having to reboot the tablet everytime I try to send a text message. ITS BULL. Get this fix!!! ALL OF IT!!!!

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Moral of story: Don’t buy phones from the carrier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Is there other carriers that sell tablets unlocked?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

if youre needing to reboot the tablet to get it to finally send out the text..the issue is more than likely going to be with your device/network connection and not restrictions..however..if you truly feel like you need to deach them by all means this is you decision..

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

if youre needing to reboot the tablet to get it to finally send out the text..the issue is more than likely going to be with your device/network connection and not restrictions..however..if you truly feel like you need to deach them by all means this is you decision..

Your correct, which the restricted portion is a separate issue. What's so bad is that tmobile and Samsung is taking a page from Apple. And it's bull. I could fix the text issue myself but I can't even change the apn or add apn settings.....so this IS a restriction and it could be fixed locally by me but can't because i would need root access. I'm willing to bet that it would be fixed by deleting the apn and resting it. 

Generally the only time people want to mess with APN settings is to bypass carrier tethering limitations and fire up the Hotspot without paying for it or exceeding the amount of data paid for. Just my thought on the matter.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

People can do this, you are correct. I just want text messaging to work which could be fixed working with the apn settings. Oh and by the way, in order to do this I would need root which I don't have more likely won't get because tmobile/Samsung saw fit to not include the OEM unlock switch in dev settings. So no hope for unlocking bootloader for the time being

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

So after talking and troubleshooting with Samsung, they said its a carrier issue assuming because the rom is carrier specific. From what I've gathered, the latest update for the tablet dtd Dec 14 2020 is the issue. In order to get messages to send out without rebooting, I've had to switch the tablet from 5g to 3g only as a temp fix. But whats funny, it still shows the tablet on 4g. (Assume the 3.5g or H which what it use to be). Either to T-Mobile when are you going to get this fixed? I not cool that I'm going old school data speeds because  you rom firmware was faulty.