Question

Device Manager Notification

• 26 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

I received a notification from device manager saying "Review your Settings for Device Management", but tapping it does nothing and I can't dismiss it. What's happening and can it be resolved? 

6 replies

Saw something similar to this today. Tapped it and it asked me if I wanted to give permission for something called ironSource to track my app usage. I did not opt in and that was the end of it. 

I got the same message today (just switched to T-Mobile) and declined.

... Then, I immediately don't to App Utilities, removed all permissions, and stopped the app. Fingers crossed it doesn't reappear.

Same here jfreiman. seems Device Manager is just a marketing tool to add apps to the phone

I uninstalled 7 apps it pushed that I did not ask for !  Look out for those so called updates !  Geez….

I find it unsettling that nobody from t mobile has chimed in here. I didn't even see the notification I just happened to be looking thru my apps and found this weird app. Struck me as odd that my phone won't let me disable it, so I revoked all permissions(I don't remember granting) and deleted app data. Then I started looking into it and now I know where the odd app downloads came from. I'm disabling and revoking permissions from every app associated with metro and t mobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I find it unsettling that nobody from t mobile has chimed in here. I didn't even see the notification I just happened to be looking thru my apps and found this weird app. Struck me as odd that my phone won't let me disable it, so I revoked all permissions(I don't remember granting) and deleted app data. Then I started looking into it and now I know where the odd app downloads came from. I'm disabling and revoking permissions from every app associated with metro and t mobile.

There’s not to many Tmobile people who post here but we did get a new community manager.

Not sure JShack01 was able to fix this but I did an update this morning and had the same problem.  I went to apps manager and “force stopped” Device Manager… the notification went away.