Disabling Tmobile startup jingle on Samsung S20

Badge

I had successfully used Silent Boot app to disable Tmobile startup jingle on an S8. When that app was opened on my new (open box) S20 (with 5G and android 11 upgrade) a notification appeared saying it was an older version not intended for S20. 

I opened it up and easily set it up to mute device on shutdown.  My first restart after that played about 1 seconds of the jingle and subsequent boots have been silent. 

Wish I had tried this first - rather than spending about an hour fruitlessly searching the web.

I'll provide an update if it fails to continue to work well. 

11 replies

Does anyone know how to totally silence the T-Mobile start up jingle from their Samsung Flip3 phone?

Badge

T-Mobile needs to ELIMINATE this intrusive, ridiculous, unwanted start-up tone. Wtf?!? Enough already. It's been YEARS!

Fwiw, I did mute the System volume and no more jingle on reboot. But we shouldn't have to do that!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

T-Mobile needs to ELIMINATE this intrusive, ridiculous, unwanted start-up tone. Wtf?!? Enough already. It's been YEARS!

Fwiw, I did mute the System volume and no more jingle on reboot. But we shouldn't have to do that!

are you trying to say other carriers dont have their own ear numbing tones on start up with their devices?

Badge

I had Verizon, they didn't. 

I switched to Sprint, they didn't.

I swapped out my sim card for T-Mobile, and there it is...

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Verizon has their own jingle (wife has V for her work phone)..Sprint by far had their own..it was the pin drop jingle from their commercials (I have been with Sprint since the original HTC Evo..about 10ish years before the merger). ATT has their own as well.

Just go to settings and select sounds and vibrations, then system sound and slide the ball all the way to the left. Restart your phone and it should be silent when it starts up. =)

Badge

It is waking up my whole family every day.

Leaving a lasting impression on many.... even a whole bunkhouse of workers or dorm mates.

I put “Silent Boot” on my Samsung Flip3 and it quieted it down a bit, but it still makes the sound too loud when the phone starts up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

seriously? the jingle is leaving mental scars on people? if you know restarting your phone is loud why do you continue to do it when youre around your whole family or the whole ”bunkhouse of workers or dorm mates”?

Badge

Well the "silent boot" app finally worked as a workaround!

Badge

Just go to settings and select sounds and vibrations, then system sound and slide the ball all the way to the left. Restart your phone and it should be silent when it starts up. =)

Alas, that has the side effect of ruining System sound for everything else on your phone for the rest of the day. Thank GOD there is the “Silent Boot” app!