Solved

Display does not turn on when receiving a call

• 27 December 2019
  • 8 replies

I have a new Note 10 and Note 10 plus. The display does not turn on when receiving a call or an alarm from the clock. Doesn't sound like a biggie, but it is to me.

I have torn my hair out playing with settings.

Thanks for any help

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 6 January 2020, 17:36

So this is the exact same behavior on both devices? I know you said this has been happening since day 1 but this is definitely no the designed behavior. Can you try these steps on your phone? Wipe cache partition: Samsung Galaxy Note10 

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Make sure the dialer app and clock app have the ability to wake the device. 

Thanks for the reply, but there are not settings like that and I'm using everything factory.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Go to settings, type "Wake" into the search bar, and see if something called, Don't Wake For Notifications, is checked. 

Thanks again for trying to help, but the only wake settings are:

- double tap to wake

- lift to wake

- Bixby voice wake-up

None of options seem to apply

Hmm.

Has the display ever turned on for a phone call, or has this been an issue since day 1?

Do you have any third party dialing apps (whatsapp, viber, etc.) that could somehow be interfering with the standard call settings?

-Lauren

No, the display does not turn on and it has been a day 1 problem.

The lift to wake does not seem to work either.

No other dialing apps are installed.

Thanks!

Userlevel 5

So this is the exact same behavior on both devices? I know you said this has been happening since day 1 but this is definitely no the designed behavior. Can you try these steps on your phone? Wipe cache partition: Samsung Galaxy Note10 

Thank yo so much!

That did the trick.