Solved

does anyone know how to set text messaging display to most recent s7

im sick and tired of reading a text and having to search for it the second time i read it they should stay in the order recieved if you ask me??

any help is appreciated

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 23 March 2018, 19:28

Just checking in here to see how things are going. Did you get a chance to boot your phone in safe mode to see if the sort is still out of whack?

Safe mode: Samsung Galaxy S7 edge

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6

Hey there! Just wanted to check in here and echo the safe mode suggestion. How are things going?

Userlevel 5

Just checking in here to see how things are going. Did you get a chance to boot your phone in safe mode to see if the sort is still out of whack?

Safe mode: Samsung Galaxy S7 edge

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Then your phone is not operating correctly, I would try booting it into safe mode and seeing if it works correctly then. If the answer is yes, there was a setting that got changed. If it still acts wonky you may want to factory reset it. Be warned you will lose all data if you take the factory reset route.

Not true mine just go randomly down the list

Most recent text will always be on top. It is descending order. Timed stamped. I mean recipients-contacts page, but in actual texts between you and the other, then who ever responds the latest is on bottom. Next to each text is a time sent and received.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Ignore what the picture is about and look at how the conversation is set up. Your text messenger app should be structured in this way. If it is not you may want to try booting it into safe mode. If texts function correctly a setting must have got accidentally changed. https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HSmV0X5S0ak/WGwLe3pHV6I/AAAAAAAAL6M/NDZC0KenKy4_1EcvwyZxE1w8wr5UPzxMQCLcB/s1600/access%2Bbloc…

my phone doesnt list anything by time...

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

There should not be a setting, it should be time based. I.e if I send a text at 2:05pm and you send a text to reply my text that I sent to you should be above yours cause it is the least recent.

Everything is normal there's no setting for how they are listed

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

This is odd, the texts should naturally be time stamped for when they were received. Are you using the default messenger app for the phone? Is it a T-mobile branded s7?