Solved

Does LG G5 RS988 connect on Band 12?

• 14 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Despite the issues this device LG G5 RS988 has, does it connect with T-Mobile's band 12? I am aware that wi-fi calling might not work with this version as it is not T-Mobile specific. But does it get on band-12 at all?

At current price point with it's specs (OIS camera in particular), it looks like a good device to have.

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 16 December 2017, 19:57

The specs say it has band 12 so it could totally work. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee its functionality as it is not a phone that we tested on our network.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6

http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-RS988-Silver-g5-unlocked

Says band 12 is capable. May have voice issues though.

I have seen posts in past where device's homepage says one thing but then they would turn off that band cause Carrier wants them to via an update. Since I can't find a new T-Mobile supported LG G5 (H830), i would like to know if this is supported to take the headache of those burn-in, gps and battery issues.

I can survive without Wi-Fi calling too.

Userlevel 6

Unfortunately all I can reference are the specifics on the manufacturers homepage. Anytime that you participate and bring your own device of programs you run the risk of not getting 100 percent compatible service.

The specs say it has band 12 so it could totally work. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee its functionality as it is not a phone that we tested on our network.