Question

Does T-Mobile have any interest in retaining long term customers?

Badge

I am a very long term customer and have 2 Samsung S8’s with cracked screens. T-Mobile seems to be daring you to pay for phones to stay. My 4G service with T-Mobile has been spotty for years so I have not had great coverage experience AND both ATT and Verizon have significant phone deals (or free).

Customer Care rep was very nice but essentially said T-Mobile does not care about customer retention.

Off I go!!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I've been with TMobile for about 20 years and recently upgraded to a new phone at Best Buy but the phone wasn't free but it was cheaper than what TMobile was selling on their website.

I always found out there's always a catch to a free phone on every carrier.

Badge

Done the research and I am moving to ATT. Better 5G coverage in South/Central IL and free phones, only have 2 year agreement, which I have been for Sprint/T-Mobile for 30 years, so I don't need to move much...lol. Thanks for the input though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Good luck. My wife's boss who lives around the same area just went from Sprint to AT&T because of poor signal and from what I hear he's still having the same issues and he's hoping for improvement.

I used to live just south of Chicago and AT&T and a big black hole of coverage that included the college that was there. I hope they fixed it by now.

Badge

I have one advantage as a retired (but still active) firefighter that I can get on ATT FirstNet that is statewide.