I am really tempted by the low cost Motorola Moto G 3rd Gen.
Has anyone used the Moto G 3rd Gen or Moto X Pure 2015 phone on the T-mobile network? If yes, here are some questions:
1. Does the wifi hotspot app built into Android 5 work with your T-mobile account? Good speeds? No rooting.
2. Do you get 4G LTE or is it HSPA+. What speeds do you get?
3. Do you get band 12 support as the phone says it supports Band 12.
4. Voice and MMS work well?
And if you know about VoLTE support. Does this phone do VoLTE with Tmobile? Other thread seem to say no. Not sure this is important to me. I will research further.
Either way, I can't seem to find anyone that uses this phone with T-mobile. And the few on other sites, only talk about how it "works" with Tmo. But I need more details than that.
Best answer by jason.motox
I can help you out with your questions as I'm currently using a 2015 Moto X Pure Edition. Yes, it works flawlessly.
1) Yes, hotspot works out of the box.
2) The Moto X supports band 2 (PCS) and band 4 (AWS) HSPA and LTE; 25Mbps down on HSPA+ (DC AWS), and 50-65Mbps down on LTE. Speeds depend wholly on the available bandwidth and licenses T-Mobile leases in your region.
3) Band 12 is not enabled in Lollipop on the X Pure, but is going through T-Mobile's certification with Marshmallow. NOTE: Band 12 was disabled in the Moto G at T-Mobile's request, as the phone lacked VoLTE.
4) Both work fine
The Marshmallow update for the 2015 Moto X will add band 12, HD voice/VoLTE for T-Mobile, E911, and Wifi calling support. Not sure about the Moto G.