Question

e unlocked . The man that I let use the ohone yhey unlocked it completely for him and now he has my unlocked phone. i pacifically told them to keep the phine locked and they. is another lie.

• 1 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

my phone that is on my account and was not suppose to be unlocked . The man that I let use the phone they unlocked it completely for him and now he has my unlocked phone. i pacifically told them to keep the phone locked and they said I would be the one to unlock it and that is another lie.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

To have a device unlocked by T-Mobile, it has to be requested by someone on your account and has to meet all of the unlock requires set out by T-Mobile.  Whether a device is SIM locked or not, doesn’t change how the device functions outside of being able to use a different providers SIM in it.  What you seem to be complaining about isn’t a reason to complain.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Considering if it's an android the unlock code can be requested through an app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Considering if it's an android the unlock code can be requested through an app.

True enough.  I have never had one of those process though without calling amd having to ask for the device to be granted a permanent unlock.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I did my last request using the app om my LG V30. Quick and easy process.

I think someone unlocked my phone and is hacking my texts. How do I lock it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I think someone unlocked my phone and is hacking my texts. How do I lock it?

SIM unlocking only allows you to use another carriers SIM in your device.  Unlocking the bootloader can compromise the security of the device.  Does your device show an unlocked lock on the screen when you first turn it on?