Solved

Email Spam from Tmobile phone numbers

• 20 January 2016
  • 7 replies

Hello

On Sunday, Jan 17 I received an email to my regular email account that ended up in spam. It has a text attachment. The email says Hi and has the tmobile logo. The return address is from a phone number familiar to me, the return address finishes @tmomail.net. Has the sender's phone number been hacked?

LP

icon

Best answer by tidbits 21 January 2016, 01:03

If he sends a text to an email address it will display exactly how you saw it. If you reply to it he would get it as a text.

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hmm that's weird you'd get that email @spotts but I don't believe their phone is being hacked. You said the number was familiar to you. Have you contacted the sender to see if they may have accidently sent you this message? In some cases when we troubleshoot sending/receiving @tmomail.net email, we have the person send a test message similar to the one you received.

The number is that of a family member and no, he did not send the correspondence.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 12:29 PM, tmo_mike_c<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:

|

T-Mobile Support Community

|

You have been mentioned

by tmo_mike_c in Re: Email Spam from Tmobile phone numbers in T-Mobile Support - View tmo_mike_c's reference to you

Hmm that's weird you'd get that email spotts but I don't believe their phone is being hacked. You said the number was familiar to you. Have you contacted the sender to see if they may have accidently sent you this message? In some cases when we troubleshoot sending/receiving @tmomail.net email, we have the person send a test message similar to the one you received.

Participate in the conversation by replying to this email

To stop receiving these messages whenever you are mentioned, go to your preferences and disable notifications for direct social actions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

That person could have simply sent it to your email address instead of your phone number.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@tidbits‌ has a good point, this is also a possibility. Are they coming to your phone repeatedly or was it just that one message? You could have them try to send you a message again and make sure they're sending it to your phone number.

I'm sorry if I haven't been clear. The person whose phone number I recognised never sent me anything from a tmomail account. He doesn't have one set up that he is aware. But I have not received another such email, so perhaps the hacker got whatever he/she was after (or not). I didn't open the attachment or forward the mail.Thanks for your feedback.LP

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

If he sends a text to an email address it will display exactly how you saw it. If you reply to it he would get it as a text.

Hi tidbits...Thanks for your answer -- but he didn't send anything at all and the email didn't contain anything save a txt attachment and the word Hi. I asked... he didn't send it! Typically the text emails from his phone don't look like that, though.