Question

Error sending Texts "Can't send message with SIM1, error -1"

• 30 August 2018
  • 18 replies

I just got the Moto Z2 Force Edition, with TMobile. Texting is becoming really bad, i get this error all the time. "Can't send message with SIM1, error -1"

I have to shut the service off and on just to text. How can I fix this? 

18 replies

Userlevel 6

Maybe you can try another T-Mobile users SIM card in your phone and if it works then you may need a new SIM card.

Userlevel 5

Do you have Advanced Messaging setup on your device? Also, @snn555​ suggestion is solid. As he mentioned, if another SIM works in your phone, the issue is your SIM. If your SIM has no issue sending texts while in a different device, your Moto Z2 is the issue.

I tried turning off advanead message, same issue is happening. I might have to get a new SIM and try that

I will definitely try that, thanks

All,  Got my phone last week, have this problem. Got a new sim card, still having problem. Need a new/different phone?

I got the Moto Z2 Force Edition January 1 2018. On my 3rd phone in less than 12 months. Same issue. Also issues with speaker/sound.  Texting is extremely, continually frustrating. About 2 weeks ago I went to the tmobile store and they put in a new sim card. STILL SAME ISSUES...same message you get and same sound issues. When I received the 3rd phone, customer service said if this doesn't work I'd have to buy a new phone. So done with this

I figured out the issue, the issue is with the text messaging app that comes with the moto Z2 phones if you download a different text message app from Google play store you shouldn't have anymore issues. This is what I did and I haven't had any problems since I did.

How is this marked as resolved?! Where is the solution? Downloading a 3rd party app will not work because the phone is randomly shutting off mobile data. I have this problem CONSTANTLY. It seems to know just when I'm expecting an important text and decides to stop working. Turning on and off airplane mode works sometimes, but that doesn't help when i don't know it has shut off and im not getting any texts. So where is the solution???

How is this marked as resolved?! Where is the solution? Downloading a 3rd party app will not work because the phone is randomly shutting off mobile data. I have this problem CONSTANTLY. It seems to know just when I'm expecting an important text and decides to stop working. Turning on and off airplane mode works sometimes, but that doesn't help when i don't know it has shut off and im not getting any texts. So where is the solution???

After travelling through Europe for the past 7 weeks without being able to send texts, I FINALLY solved the problem.

Make sure the PREFERRED NETWORK TYPE is set to 3G (not LTE or 4G).

Might take a reboot after, but that did the trick for me.

Brand new OnePlus 8 5G. Having same issues.

Can't send messages from time to time and Network very slow at time.

Already did many troubleshooting and change network to 4G LTE. Problem persist

I had a Note 9 before and never had this problem EVER

Any help??

Hey dude, my brother just bought the exact phone with exact same problem- "Can't send message with T-Mobile - US, error - 1". I'm sure you figured it out by now, but I went to "SIM & Network", "Preferred Network Setting", and turned off LTE altogether to just 2G / 3G and it worked. Its bullcrap, because why have a 5G phone if you can't use it? So we'll be calling them tomorrow morning.

>>Just got a OnePlus 8 5G
>>Tried sending message
>>Same problem with T-Mobile - US, error - 1
>>Switched Network type to 2G/3G
>>MESSAGE SENT
>>Restarted Phone
>>Switched Network type back to 2G/3G/LTE/5G
>>MESSAGE SENT
>>Top Kek

Brand new OnePlus 8 5G. Having same issues.

Can't send messages from time to time and Network very slow at time.

Already did many troubleshooting and change network to 4G LTE. Problem persist

I had a Note 9 before and never had this problem EVER

Any help??

Have you found a solution. I have the exact same phone. Had it for a Month and having the same issues. You would think for a $700 phone they would have their sh*t together. 

I'm curious about a solution as well. Got the phone about a month ago same problem.

I'm about to take mine back. It happens with almost every text message I send. I've tried every suggestion I've been able to find and nothing fixes it. I'm beyond frustrated. I shouldn't have to restart my phone every time I send a text. Do NOT BUY THIS PHONE!!!

It seems people are suspecting the phone is the problem.  Could it be T-mobile, instead?

I have Five other T-Mobile phones and I have no issues with those. I can only assume it to be a phone issue.