Solved

Full bars but phone says "emergency calls only"

• 16 November 2017
  • 6 replies

My phone has full bars but the 4g let logo isn't there. I go to call or send a text or use data nothing work and a pop up comes across my screen saying "emergency calls only". This has happened multiple times in multiple locations including in my kitchen. I have a Samsung Galaxy s5 that I brought over from At&t. It there something I have to change in my phone. Also when making phone calls when my phone does say 4g let it has a long delay before it starts to ring.

Please help me understand why

icon

Best answer by snn555 16 November 2017, 05:14

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5

Try these settings.

Generic T-Mobile data settings

Depending on the phone, bars indicate the strength of a signal, not necessarily a signal you can use, except for calling 911. Go into the phone's network settings and do a manual network search. Does it show T-Mobile? Where are you located?

Userlevel 4

Just checking in here to see how things are going. Were the suggestions that @snn555​ and @drnewcomb2​ helpful?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Howdy there!

Have you had the change to look at the suggestion above? Pleas give us a reply back and give us an update. Thank you.

Userlevel 3

Hi there! Just wanted to check in with you one more time and see how things were going for you. Please let us know if you still need help! 😊

I recently switched to T-Mobile and took my parents with me on my plan. I have a iPhone but they have the android through T-Mobile I believe the A32 that’s 5 G capable but on numerous occasions there phones say emergency calls only and we have to restart their phones and wait at least 5-10 minutes before they can make a call. Service is very spotty and I’m frustrated cause we switched to T-Mobile and are paying $80 more a month for service that has so far been worst than Boost. How can anyone be worst than boost?? What do we do. This happens at least 3-4 times a week usually very early morning.