Many users are probably anticipating the newest Android kitkat version(4.4.4) on their less than a year old Galaxy Note 3. Here are some details for that topic. These are assumptions made from the "Quarterly Android System Upgrade Report from Samsung Korea". There are two assumptions...
1) Upgrade Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.4.4, End support. No Android 4.4.4 for other Galaxy devices, jump straight to Android L.
2) Upgrade Galaxy Note 2, S4, Note 3, and S5 to Android 4.4.4. End support for Galaxy Note 2, delay Android L integration for S4, Note 3 and S5.
Here is what is confirmed from the quarterly report...
1) Galaxy S3 Android 4.4.2 update has been tested and released to all carriers regardless what the carriers say.
2) Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.4.4 is scheduled for November, 2014 for Korean Note 2 devices.
3) Android 4.4.4 update is not shown for S4, Note 3, S5 on the report.
X= Visit https://www.samsung.co.kr/Q2Android/Account/Developer/Sdk/opensource.html if you want the report. You must have a VPN routing through a Korean server.