Solved

Galaxy S6 ex Vz on T-Mobile for 1yr+  no voice calls for a month ??

• 27 September 2017
  • 6 replies

My Galaxy S6 is not able to receive/make voice calls, can do texts/data. Have been on to Tech support ( very polite) for long periods, changed SIM still no use. Is it true that T-Mobile have changed the network in New York and we cannot access voice. Have I been dumped with a pretty modern phone and no one in TMo bothered to notify or apologize. Do I now go to Verizon and tell them I was screwed. It is frustrating and what a way to lose business. Can we save Sprint from this.

icon

Best answer by magenta2746038 11 October 2017, 02:34

Thank you for your concern however T-Mobile has taken care of any problems

I had in a most effective way and I look forward to continued good customer

care.

Many Thanks

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7

T-Mobile has reorganized their spectrum in the NYC to maximize the amount of LTE available. This has left some customers, with BYOD devices, up a creek.

Userlevel 6

Hey there, @magenta1854764​! @drnewcomb2​ is correct -- we have been doing some network upgrades, but what's strange is that the Network upgrades from U1900 to LTE that I'm aware of would leave customers with impacted equipment in the opposite situation. Impacted devices would be rendered 2G only, so voice would still work, but data would not -- not the other way around. Since your data is working but calls aren't, I'm sort of at a loss.

Where in NY are you located? We can take a look at the ZIP there and see if there's a different type of change happening in your area!

- Marissa

Hey there!

Just wanted to follow up on the questions asked above or see if you were able to get this resolved another way,

Thanks!

-Lauren

Userlevel 6

Howdy, @magenta1854764​! We haven't heard from you in a bit and just wanted to see how things were going with your S6. Are you still having trouble? We'd be happy to take a look at the area for you if you don't mind sharing a few details about your location! Please let us know if we can help. Thank you!

- Marissa

Thank you for your concern however T-Mobile has taken care of any problems

I had in a most effective way and I look forward to continued good customer

care.

Many Thanks

That's wonderful news!

Thanks for the updated. 😊

-Lauren