Solved

Galaxy S9 pictures don't fit in browser

Up until tonight everything has been fine but something happened and now the pictures, in browser, don't fit on the screen.

I can't find what setting changed to make this happen. Screenshot of exactly what's happening below.

icon

Best answer by dusker 22 July 2018, 23:03

Sorry for the long pause. I performed the settings reset and everything seems to be going well.

View original

10 replies

Just to be clear, I'm looking for the answer on which setting to change to get this fixed. Different screens and images are not fitting on the phonescreen all the way. They are being cropped due to some setting regardless of which browser I use. Even now I cannot see everything that I'm writing in this discussion due to the display setting. I've make sure that my phone is completely updated and I restarted afterwards just to be certain. Please help!!!

I'm attaching another screenshot below.

Userlevel 6

Hey there! This is a strange view indeed! If you hit the three dots in the upper right corner, do you see a setting for Desktop Site? Is that checkbox marked, and if so, can you uncheck it and see if that fixes this?

No unfortunately it wasn't just desktop mode. I'm not sure what's going on with it but it wasn't that.

Userlevel 6

Well, shucks! I just realized you mentioned this is happening in more than one browser -- which ones are you using, Chrome and FF? Can you think of anything different that happened right around the time this started -- did you download any new apps or respond to any new permission requests from an app?

I use Brave and chrome and it's doing the same thing in both. I haven't downloaded any new apps but I think it ask me for permission to do a certain thing, setting-wise, and now I can't figure out how to undo it.

Userlevel 6

Ugh, that's bananas! I don't know of any options to JUST reset the browser settings, but you can give these a shot without master resetting your phone -- it will impact more than just the browsers, but it won't have the full effect of a factory reset.

Reset settings

This device allows you to reset the settings to their defaults without doing a full factory reset. Any phone customizations will be discarded but personal data and settings of downloaded apps will not be affected.

1. From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
  2. Tap Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset settings.
  3. Tap RESET SETTINGS.
  4. If you have set up a PIN, enter it.
  5. Tap RESET SETTINGS.
  6. The device will restart to perform the reset of settings.
Userlevel 5

Checking in here to see if the steps @tmo_marissa posted were helpful?

Userlevel 5

Hey, @dusker​!

I wanted to stop by to see if you're still not able to see full images in a browser. If you're still having issues, did you try the steps that Marissa listed? Keep us posted!

Sorry for the long pause. I performed the settings reset and everything seems to be going well.

Userlevel 6

Thanks for coming back to let us know! I'm so glad that worked. 😊