Galaxy Watch LTE duplicate messages

Show first post

157 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

:kissing_closed_eyes:  Like I said. lol

try this. https://support.google.com/messages/answer/7189714?hl=en

go where it says

Turn on chat features for the first time and see if this will correct the android phone itself. generally helps default how you receive mms and data text/pics whatever messages.

do this even if you do not use google messages. good luck :]

Just got off phone with Digits support. New update allows for LTE always on with no spooled message dump issues. I tried this before, but I was getting duplicate messages at the same time they came in on watch (1 from bluetooth notification, second from LTE on watch notification).  Now keeping LTE to always on has seemed to prevent this, according to my testing  Digits rep says Samsung and TMObworked it out in latest update.

I haven't received a T-Mobile update in awhile.  We'll see when I get it. Hopefully they ģot this fixed. When is this update supposed to be dropped?

:kissing_closed_eyes:  Like I said. lol

try this. https://support.google.com/messages/answer/7189714?hl=en

go where it says

Turn on chat features for the first time and see if this will correct the android phone itself. generally helps default how you receive mms and data text/pics whatever messages.

do this even if you do not use google messages. good luck :]

I already had all that enabled. I understand what you are saying, but it doesn’t matter what I do.  I can turn off the Samsung default messaging app, disable the notifications to the watch and I will still get a duplicate text sent to the watch when it hits LTE. 

I’ve tried using the default Samsung messaging app as well.  Nothing stops it from happening, aside from the brief period yesterday when it appeared to be fixed. 

This only seems to be an issue on T-Mobile based on what I can find out there which also tells me it’s something on their side.  

February 22 was the last watch update drop date. I dont know if that was 100% their version of a "fix" or if they have something going on the back end too.

Only issue with LTE always on is when I receive and pick up phone call on phone, watch give missed call notification. would rather have that then duplicate texts tho.

Same here. Someone said it's due to the watch being designed to work as a

stand alone number, not with Digits. Dont know about that. I've had issues

with connectivity and battery life since I've owned it. If I had to do it

again I probably wouldn't. A lot of work for good looks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Got you, fair enough.

What you are describing, happens to me often when I switch to a different phone, with the same simcard. if I do the steps I mentioned, in hopes it would have maybe, solved yours, It has always corrected mine.

does your phone have 2 sim slots? switch it, could magically help.

Have you tried a different phone? use it for a bit, even if its crappy and see if it recreates the problem. ??

Same here. It seems that TMO has their story straight at least now.

Somewhat. A few months ago talking with 5 different people would give you

like 8 different answers SMH. And the current solution is a work around at

best.

I bought mine in Feb 2018 and I replaced it twice. Took 3 months to get it

homework right and that was all Digits problems. Seem ok now as long as I

stay connect thru BT. Drop that nd battery life goes to Hell plus all the

dupes come in.

Got you, fair enough.

What you are describing, happens to me often when I switch to a different phone, with the same simcard. if I do the steps I mentioned, in hopes it would have maybe, solved yours, It has always corrected mine.

does your phone have 2 sim slots? switch it, could magically help.

Have you tried a different phone? use it for a bit, even if its crappy and see if it recreates the problem. ??

No, only 1 SIM slot.  I tried it with an old phone and I had the same issue.  I’m starting to wonder if it has something to do with it being tied to a business account.  I had to call in to get the line for the watch setup because the app would not let me auto provision it.  

I've had this problem since the beginning. The problem with leaving LTE on is the battery drains like crazy. I can get two days normally. But the batch messages coming thru is very irritating! I got the update yesterday and now when certain people text me it comes thru as my watch #. I thought this was fixed. Also some texts come thru as hidden sender. I am highly disappointed to say the least. The Frontier never had these problems and I wish I would have kept it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

hmm, could be.

I think t mobile had or has a program where you could use 2 phones at once, with the same number? check if something like that is active, with your number. never know.

We are, Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited is the only telecom company in India that allows you to install towers on your property. As we know, Reliance is one of the well-known telecom companies in the world. If you have any vacant land or space on your house rooftop then you can apply for Jio Tower this year. We have a few documentation processes and simple Jio tower installation steps, if you have any questions or help then you can contact us anytime.

We have also started to receive the Jio tower complaint file. If you want to know more important details then you read the jio tower blogs and get important information.

They lied. This was working a long time ago with these settings. It drains the battery.

Hi,

I just got my Galaxy watch 1 weeks ago.

I am also having the same issue with duplicate texts coming through once my galaxy watch disconnects from Bluetooth & connects to LTE.  It is very frustrating.  I am happy with my watch other than this issue.  Sadly I may need to return the watch if I am unable to fix this issue.

When I was on Verizon, I had this issue and there was a setting within the Samsung gear app. But I can't find it anymore. But I can't imagine that it matters what carrier you have since it is a Samsung profit and app. Has anyone tried contacting Samsung?

I have the Galaxy watch lte and digits with t-mobile. I have had the duplicate text issue since i bought it in April 2019. i have read the whole thread and my questions is: do you recommend resetting watch and talking to samsung for set up or to t-mobile.  i would really appreciate any help. thank you.

you don't have to reset your watch. When I had Verizon with a galaxy watch, there was a setting that would prevent that from happening. But with T mobile there is no setting for it.  It only happens when you are out of range for the Bluetooth connection. If it doesn't happen a lot, I wouldn't worry about it. Just clear it when it is done downloading the duplicate messages. I just haven't had as chance to contact Samsung and ask them. But you could always message them and see what they say.

I have the Galaxy watch lte and digits with t-mobile. I have had the duplicate text issue since i bought it in April 2019. i have read the whole thread and my questions is: do you recommend resetting watch and talking to samsung for set up or to t-mobile.  i would really appreciate any help. thank you.

I'm guessing it is because on Bluetooth, the messages are simply being copied to the watch and not considered delivered to the watch so when you jump on to LTE, the network thinks it still needs to deliver the messages to the watch and so the watch starts downloading all the messages.

Hey guys.Same as ya'll I was irritated by the ANNOYING duplicate texts that drains my battery whenever I'm away from my phone. But, I think i figured out a way to help you guys if you haven't figured it out yet... I went on the Galaxy Wearable app on my phone and went on Notifications, tapped on Manage notifications and turned off the Messages. I've had it since yesterday afternoon and no vibrating on my wrists. My watch also lasts a bit longer too! I started off the day with 100% and it is now, 1:30 pm and its at 76%. Not to shabby! I hope this works out for you guys! ALOHA!

@jlynch

@amalacas

@patdel318

@thefish72

This seems to be an issue with SMS delivery over LTE.

LTE release the Radio Connection fast without completing acknowledging the SMS reception to SMS gateway.

This kept going on till SMS is marked delivered at SMS Gateway.

You can try it over 2G/3G and will never see this issue.

SMS over wifi or iMessage on iphone bypass using inbuilt SMS over LTE services so will not find this issue.

Please update the thread if you are able to try this.

Same issue will be seen on Mobile phones and you can experiment choosing 3G/2G

Same issue here with the Galaxy Watch 3.  Getting run around from T-Mobile.  Telling me phone is bad, SIM is bad, reset the watch, blah blah blah.  Sent them this thread and they are totally ignoring it.  Ticket opened with engineering, closed saying no issues, now I had them reopen again.  I’ve sent them multiple examples, which they shouldn’t need because every text is duplicate.  Ridiculous!!!  

This issue is far from resolved. I asked for an ETA on a solution and they don't have one. In fact, I was told today that DIGITS folks don't consider this an "issue" at all since it doesn't do anything to the phone or watch. Their advice was to disconnect from BT once a day and let all the duplicate messages go ahead and come via LTE so you're not spammed by several days' worth. Not much of a fix when you consider you then have to go to the watch and re-delete all of the SMS you deleted earlier in the day. It's too bad, because beyond this I really like the watch, but this "not an issue" has me debating whether to keep it. And this "not an issue" affects the Active 2 as well. Bought my wife one last week when I bought my Galaxy. Same thing.

I have the same problem and it's very disheartening to hear this has been going on for over a year with no resolution. Tomorrow is the last day I can return the Active 2. Starting to think that maybe I should do it.